Kompressor versus non-Kompressor

stu99

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
slk
Is there much of a difference between these engine subtypes on a 1996-2004 tip auto SLK 200?

i.e. are there measurable differences in:

(a) performance?
(b) fuel consumption?

and if "yes", how much of a difference is there?

Responses or links to any data/explanations greatly appreciated.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I didn't think they made a non Kompressor model for the UK market. There was a 200 slk but I've never seen one. It was a 136bhp model which based on my C220 which wasn't quick with its 150 bhp, I suspect it wasn't much use for rice pudding skin removal.
The 200k is 163bhp in Uk spec (they made a 192bhp version but never sold it in the UK) which should make it much more fun and fitting to the model. Anyway, the model to have is the 230k IMHO.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_R170

coventryslk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 CDI Sport
200k is very good. Cheaper on the fuel than the 230k

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom