Latest update re my C220 Majestic Beauty!!!!

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Jeez!!!! I wish people would tell me these things Before I get to this point.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fairness Robbie, this forum has helped you every step of the way so far - but it isn't a teaching school, nor is it clairvoyant.

With abundant information on the web, Youtube, Merc Dealers and Indies, or even Mr Haynes manuals, there comes a point when you have to take responsibility and research for yourself.
Don't blame these guys if some aspect of their combined knowledge gets 'lost in translation'.

OP
NBurns

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
A180 CDI AVANTGARDE SE CVT,169.007, 2009
In fairness Robbie, this forum has helped you every step of the way so far - but it isn't a teaching school, nor is it clairvoyant.

With abundant information on the web, Youtube, Merc Dealers and Indies, or even Mr Haynes manuals, there comes a point when you have to take responsibility and research for yourself.
Don't blame these guys if some aspect of their combined knowledge gets 'lost in translation'.

I know I know I'm sorry and I deeply apologize. Was just getting a bit frustrated this morning because I was hoping to get her Mot'd this week. This project has taken Way longer than expected and when I think we are almost there something else has cropped up. That now needs to stop and she needs to get out there now and earn back all this money spent on her.
So again people my apologies. I've had a pretty tough year and this project has challenged me. Even my doctor has upped my medication and put me on sick leave for now. Even though I'm self employed. Saying that, an old friend has suggested that because of my reaction to her firing up that perhaps I should consider this as a part time venture. As long as it was Mercedes benz then yes. I wouldn't even touch anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
No problem. We all have blow outs occasionally.
Let's just focus on getting it all finished.

OP
NBurns

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
Okay. New update.
She’s running. She sounds smoother now and she’s been taken for a very quiet private land run. She’s okay bar white smoke out the exhaust. Oh and what looks like oil coming out at high revs.
There will be photos and a video uploaded shortly.
So far though so good.

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
White smoke is generally water contaminated fuel or un-burnt fuel due to poor injector spray pattern as an example.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Could also be condensation in the exhaust system evporating as the exhaust heats up. I get that (car lives outdoors) for the first mile or two, then it clears.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Oil coming out the exhaust and that amount of smoke is usually down to failed oil seals in the turbo. It ends up pumping oil onot the exhaust.

What does the white smoke smell like.

Is it oily or sooty. Could be water in the exhaust burning, but the smoke doesn't look watery. ..

OP
NBurns

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
Oil coming out the exhaust and that amount of smoke is usually down to failed oil seals in the turbo. It ends up pumping oil onot the exhaust.

What does the white smoke smell like.

Is it oily or sooty. Could be water in the exhaust burning, but the smoke doesn't look watery. ..

More oily than sooty.
I’m wondering, as the turbo has been replaced if it residual oil in the exhaust from when the old turbo failed.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
With water everywhere, including hosing out the inlet manifold, I am not surprised that your initial running throws out white smoke.
Bearing in mind that you not only removed the injectors, which are a delicate piece of precision engineering, but you also dismantled and rebuilt them without any prior knowledge or dedicated equipment, oil in the exhaust is also not surprising.

It is too soon to make a proper assessment - you need some miles on the engine before coming to any worthwhile conclusions.

OP
NBurns

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
With water everywhere, including hosing out the inlet manifold, I am not surprised that your initial running throws out white smoke.
Bearing in mind that you not only removed the injectors, which are a delicate piece of precision engineering, but you also dismantled and rebuilt them without any prior knowledge or dedicated equipment, oil in the exhaust is also not surprising.

It is too soon to make a proper assessment - you need some miles on the engine before coming to any worthwhile conclusions.

I can’t do that!!! She needs an Mot and insurance first!!!

OP
NBurns

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
Okay people. Is there a simple way or trick of getting the fuel tank black screw on tops back on? Tried for about an hour now thinking it would be fairly easy but not so.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom