Leaky soft top on 2005 CLK

dhashemi

Reaction score
Water leaks through on the driver side. Although hard to see, but I believe it is coming from the area where the top joins the windshield. Leaks gushes through from top of the driver side glass (at least it appears) when the car is accelarated. Seals appear to be good. Any past experience on this type of leak? How can you adjust the top for a tighter connection to the widshield seal? Thanks,

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome,,can you put up the next three numbers after 209 of the VIN

OP
D

dhashemi

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply. I had seen your name on other threads with your professional responses. Thanks for the help. As to the VIN, there is no 209. My VIN is the following: WDBTK65G25T044294. Thanks,

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have never seen those numbers but give me ½ hour to have a look and try it

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry for the hold up your car is known on here for ref purposes as a 209.465. you should make a note of that.

I have some problems and am still seeing what there is on your fault and i will post back

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have the 2006 and 2009 MB info and there is not one thing dealing with any adjustment of the roof where it meets A pillar. I have info for replacing the seal over the doors, but nothing else

OP
D

dhashemi

Reaction score
Please post instructions on how to change the seal. Thanks,

A

andy@pcd-ltd

I know there was a repair to treat the whole roof with an impregnating spray as it is not the seals that leak it it the seams on the canvas itself.

Is the water coming in just above the sun visors around the plastic trim where the side window and a pillar meet

OP
D

dhashemi

Reaction score
Thanks for the note. That is where it is leaking. Is this a recall repair or I have to pay? I have the CPO extended warranty from MBZ. I wonder if this is covered?

A question to Malcom, could you please post instructions on how to replace the seal in case. Thanks,

Baldguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63
I've just had exactly the same problem on my 2005 55 Cab.... I replaced the seal across the top of the windscreen which goes down the pillars. (Its a one piece seal £120).. I also both seals at the top of both windows front and back (passenger side £28 each). and finally I had the window adjusted, which can be adjusted up,down in and out.. So my window was adjusted in towards the rubber and up slightly so it sits up into the rubber more....
All seems ok at the moment however it lives in my garage.... I did give it a thorough soaking with the jetwash the other day and all bone dry....

It is NOT the roof otherwise the headlining would be stained and wet which I'm sure yours isnt... as mine wasnt!!

Good luck...

A

andy@pcd-ltd

It is NOT the roof otherwise the headlining would be stained and wet which I'm sure yours isnt... as mine wasnt!!

Good luck...

I worked in a main dealer for many years and we played around with modified seals etc sent from mercedes benz and i didnt cure the problem this repair came direct from the factory in germany of how to repair the roof incase of water ingress.

Your right in saying that the roof lining doesnt get wet that is true that is beacuse the water that comes through the canvas travels to the lowest point on the roof which given the shape of the roof is by the top of the windscreenand the comes through the trim inside the car that way

Baldguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63
mmmm interesting..... Can this spray be bought by the average punter Willow?

Last edited:

mizanur799

Reaction score
I worked in a main dealer for many years and we played around with modified seals etc sent from mercedes benz and i didnt cure the problem this repair came direct from the factory in germany of how to repair the roof incase of water ingress.

Your right in saying that the roof lining doesnt get wet that is true that is beacuse the water that comes through the canvas travels to the lowest point on the roof which given the shape of the roof is by the top of the windscreenand the comes through the trim inside the car that way

Willow can u give me more infor on this spray and if it will work for me. I have water sipping in the passenger side. In the edge/side of the roof, near where the roof joins with the windscreen frame.

mizanur799

Reaction score
Willow can u give me more infor on this spray and if it will work for me. I have water sipping in the passenger side. In the edge/side of the roof, near where the roof joins with the windscreen frame.
Basically above the passenger window and I would say directly below the side seems.

Top Bottom