LED main beams - legality and effectiveness

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Glare quantified how?

being able to see when the car comes toward you...

Mercedes LED impossible - exceptionally dangerous should be banned from the road immediately
Nissan LED nearly impossible
BMW LED bad but mounted low you survive
Nighteye H7 LED 4000 lm per bulb - cheap crap not bad at all - not worth mentioning the dazzle

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
being able to see when the car comes toward you...

Mercedes LED impossible - exceptionally dangerous should be banned from the road immediately
Nissan LED nearly impossible
BMW LED bad but mounted low you survive
Nighteye H7 LED 4000 lm per bulb - cheap crap not bad at all - not worth mentioning the dazzle
So not at all scientific then. Incidentally that 4000 lumen will likely be micro sized Chinese lumen.

My own experience doesn't match that.

PovertySpec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi 07/57
Insurance companies do check bulbs these day in a claim should lights be questioned

I have no doubt there are insurance claims but it does sound a bit dog ate my homework, prove it.

The low winter sun is responsible for more accidents.

I suspect that the lawyers arguing about bulbs being the cause of accidents will bill for more than the particulars of claim.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
I have no doubt there are insurance claims but it does sound a bit dog ate my homework, prove it.

The low winter sun is responsible for more accidents.

I suspect that the lawyers arguing about bulbs being the cause of accidents will bill for more than the particulars of claim.
I'll see what I can get, like I say I know there has been publications within the insurance industry, being in IT I tend not to get too interested in the articles.

Dont disagree with you about the low winter sun,

Any claim contested more than doubles a claim of repair and injury costs, just the way of the world with that, plus nature of the business to investigate claims thoroughly to avoid paying out invalid claims.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom