Led upgrades

jetski

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
RS 250 Megane
Hi guy's, when I got my 04 CLK the front map/interior light did not work so I replaced it with an led festoon type bulb only for it to stay on dimly all the time because of the lower voltage of the led, I was just wondering if anyone has found any led's that overcome this without putting in an inline resistor and also if I replaced the door puddle lights they would also be the same. Thanks

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Not sure whats happening to yours, but LED festoons are 12v. I have them in my puddle lights and the boot. work as expected

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I wonder in that position if the LED draws sufficient current to discharge the circuit that it is on

djheap22

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 2005 - W209 facelift; VW Golf MK1 Clipper
Is it not the fact a low voltage is applied to the circuit to check for bulb failure. Which on a normal bulb wont produce any light but LEDs will glow dimly.

I dont think the puddle lights would be the same, but even if they where you cant see them when the doors closed.

I have the same effect on myn but goes off with the key so no drain on battery.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom