left side indicators wont go off!!

Lagos Boy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 Coupe / 1994
Car Type: 1994 S500 Coupe

So I took him to get a new sterero and Kenwood slide-out touch screen Sat Nav fitted (very nice I tell you) and now the left indicator won't go off.

Now weve got to understand that the car is probably older than the chap who fit the new stereo et all so I figure he could do with a bit of steer.
Which is why I have come to consult the elders.....

Any ideas please?
He's had my car for 10 days and I suspect he drives it around and is using it for a pulling magnet!

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
At a guess hes been in the fuse box and connected something to something he shouldnt have.

Do your brake lights work?

If not the remove the lid on the fuse box, undo the 4 black screws and remove the top cover from the fuse box, inside there is a long black multi function relay with a release lever on the right side, if this isnt sitting flat then that will be your problem.

jib

BAZZER1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi AVANTGARDE SELECT
Did you have the new equipment fitted by a reputable audio shop or was it done privately,?? normally a professional Audio Fitter will be able to resolve this problem for you by checking the fuses and circuitry if you take it back to them and explain your problem that this has only happened with your Indicators since having the new equipment fitted.
In either case, I would ask what connections had been made to fit your new Sat Nav and Audio and start looking from this point, I think that is the only thing you can do. If the install was done privately, then find a good Car Audio Installer and get him to recheck the wiring for you.
Sorry can't be more help.
Good luck
BAZZER1

OP
L

Lagos Boy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 Coupe / 1994
At a guess hes been in the fuse box and connected something to something he shouldnt have.

Do your brake lights work?

If not the remove the lid on the fuse box, undo the 4 black screws and remove the top cover from the fuse box, inside there is a long black multi function relay with a release lever on the right side, if this isnt sitting flat then that will be your problem.

jib
Thanks Jib
Will try that.

OP
L

Lagos Boy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 Coupe / 1994
Did you have the new equipment fitted by a reputable audio shop or was it done privately,?? normally a professional Audio Fitter will be able to resolve this problem for you by checking the fuses and circuitry if you take it back to them and explain your problem that this has only happened with your Indicators since having the new equipment fitted.
In either case, I would ask what connections had been made to fit your new Sat Nav and Audio and start looking from this point, I think that is the only thing you can do. If the install was done privately, then find a good Car Audio Installer and get him to recheck the wiring for you.
Sorry can't be more help.
Good luck
BAZZER1
Thanks Bazzer1
The work was done by a professional car audio insaller.
I have returned the car to them to try figue it out.
Hopefully they will fix it.

BAZZER1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi AVANTGARDE SELECT
Thanks Bazzer1
The work was done by a professional car audio insaller.
I have returned the car to them to try figue it out.
Hopefully they will fix it.

I am sure they will be able to help you, Let us know how you get on.
There is a pretty good guy down here in Bournemouth if you are down this way
Best wishes
BAZZER1 :):)

OP
L

Lagos Boy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 Coupe / 1994
Resolved

Car Type: 1994 S500 Coupe

So I took him to get a new sterero and Kenwood slide-out touch screen Sat Nav fitted (very nice I tell you) and now the left indicator won't go off.

Now weve got to understand that the car is probably older than the chap who fit the new stereo et all so I figure he could do with a bit of steer.
Which is why I have come to consult the elders.....

Any ideas please?
He's had my car for 10 days and I suspect he drives it around and is using it for a pulling magnet!
Thanks all.
The trouble is the Hazard Control Module.
Now I need to find one!

All good fun :)

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom