Light Throttle Stuttering

John Fletcher

Reaction score
Website
www.vbr-turbinepartners.com
Your Mercedes
E350 Estate
2012 W212 E350

The car runs impecably but on light throttle setting off it stutters - nothing major as clears as soon as foot goes down.

Its been in to a recommended MB Indy and they had it on Star and shows no fault codes. They serviced it and also changed the transmission oil and filters.

Its not the MAF as no codes and if it was this I would change it

The turbo has slight wear but not significant and boosts fine. Maybe the actuator but again no fault codes indicating this

My next thought is: would a remap resolve this problem?

Ive had the car 4 years and I do not want to sell it as could end up with something else with problems - even buying new!

Any thoughts? Anyone experienced exactly the same?

TIA, John

Nimz19

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e350 cdi
I have the exact same problem - w207 2010 e350 cdi.

It feels as though the revs increase but there is no actual power for 1 to 2 seconds when pulling away from standstill.

I've done some research on the forums and looks to be a very common issue with these gearboxes. Even when in S it pulls to red line but still hesitation from standstill. Haven't yet remapped mine but looking into it - although seems to be very costly compared to the VW and BMW tuners!

Also read about people 'fixing' the issue using sprint boosters but this seems a bit pointless as its the same as flooring the throttle.

OP
John Fletcher

John Fletcher

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
E350 Estate
Thanks for your reply, appreciate it.

I've had transmission checked and no issue there.

I don't mind spending on a replacement transmission, or turbo or MAF but no error codes so no guarantees. I could replace all these at a cost of about 5k but if it was still there I think my missus wouldn't be best pleased!

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
Interesting. My 270 had a bad flat spot off the mark, dangerously so in my opinion. I remapped and all was fixed. Almost as good as a petrol motor off the mark after remap.

OP
John Fletcher

John Fletcher

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
E350 Estate
Thanks Oigle,

Its not so much a flat spot but stuttering. It actually stopped boosting yesterday after a spell of full throttle so I am going to replace the turbo and actuator and see if that cures it.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom