limp mode

ampwhu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W203 C200CDI Avantgarde se
hello, whilst driving down a dual carriageway this morning, a warning sign came up on the dash saying I had to lower the engine oil?? too much in it?

I did the oil level check before moving and it said it was fine.

so, I decided to poodle along at 60mph until I could get back home. the car wouldn't rev above 3000rpm. is this the limp mode?

got back and noticed a top righ button under the air vent flashing. I pressed this and then the car could go over 3000rpm now.

question is, could I have pressed this by accident or did it come on because of the red warning light abaout the oil being too high?

thanks

OP
A

ampwhu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W203 C200CDI Avantgarde se
just re-checked the oil level and it says its ok.

BAZZER1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi AVANTGARDE SELECT
I had the same light come on with my e320CDI, Took it to my local Indie MBS Southampton and Cole took out a quantity of oil until the level on the Dip Stick was reading about half full ( between low & High ) no problems since.
Apparently this mid way mark is the correct level at least for my car
Hope this helps
BAZZER1

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom