LLT Leather Care

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Does anyone have experience of using these products from LLT ?

There seems to be two distinct camps on the detailing forums. One advocating conditioners such as Gliptone the other saying they (conditioners) are ineffective, harmful even and promoting cleaners and protectants such as LLT products.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have not heard of that, interesting. When I was in the RR club he had lectures from leather experts, and the grease from hands etc was considered to be the most harmful, I know that leather has moved on a long way since then,but I wish I knew what was the best thing to use,if anything

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Posts like these make me glad I have Artico! :lol::p:lol:

Russ

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
No, you mean plastic. ;)

Ouch! :lol:

PS, I have a shelf in the garage full of leather cleaners, conditioners and cloths etc etc that I have no need for anymore. You are welcome to them. :lol:

Russ

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Ouch! :lol:

PS, I have a shelf in the garage full of leather cleaners, conditioners and cloths etc etc that I have no need for anymore. You are welcome to them. :lol:

Russ

That's very kind of you, even after my tongue in cheek remark. :lol:

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Does anyone have experience of using these products from LLT ?

There seems to be two distinct camps on the detailing forums. One advocating conditioners such as Gliptone the other saying they (conditioners) are ineffective, harmful even and promoting cleaners and protectants such as LLT products.

Have you spoken to your re-trimmer about the sort of product they would recommend? Leather needs 'feeding' failure to do this will result in cracking, stretching, distortion and eventual breakdown - long after you have sold your car though. I would suggest avoiding the 'snake oil' products that lay claim to doing everything needed instead check out Pittard's even calling them might just be worthwhile although they are not an automotive leather supplier they do have a good reputation in the leather trade as a tanner, supplier and technical support.

OP
whitenemesis

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Trimmer uses Meguires Gold for a matt finish or Autoglym for a sheen finish. I have used Gliptone in the past, great smell and it doesn't change the finish.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Trimmer uses Meguires Gold for a matt finish or Autoglym for a sheen finish. I have used Gliptone in the past, great smell and it doesn't change the finish.

Personally I would stick with what you know, certainly on that excellent new interior.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom