locked out

gwladys66

Registered
Reaction score
I am locked out of my C180 and don't want to pay £250 for a new key.

What is the best way to get in? Break a rear quarter light ? Or is there any way of popping the buttons by going down the inside of the door panel?

Any advice gratefully received.

Hertfordshire Merx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160
If I knew which C Class it is, probably a 203 (late shape one with almost kidney shaped headlights), I can send you details via PM but its tricky as I dont know you and you could be a car thief!

No disrespect if you're not but I wouldn't want someones car to go missing due to information off this site...

And welcome to the forums...

Last edited:

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
I am locked out of my C180 and don't want to pay £250 for a new key.

What is the best way to get in? Break a rear quarter light ? Or is there any way of popping the buttons by going down the inside of the door panel?

Any advice gratefully received.

Being locked out is one thing - not being able to start it, is another :(

Welcome to the Forum by the way.

Do you have Breakdown cover? If so, give them a call. If not, you may have a long wait -sorry!

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
The answer, I think, depends on why you are locked out? Have you not tried the mechanical part of the key?

Joeybagger

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now a C220 CDI, Have had 4 E180's and a C240S. No longer using the wifes Volvo V70. Not Nice
I have a similar problem with my sons N reg C180. It has been left standing over Christmas and I suspect that the battery is flat. Have changed out the batteries on both key fobs.

The doors do not have a key access only the electronic LED on the drivers door

He did say that he had to charge the battery a few weeks back (which is a new one) and I suspect that it is either being slowly bled off or is just not charging.

The boot lock will not work either, I think that the barrel is damaged

The real problem is how do I get to open the boot and get at it... Any help much appreciated.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
By spraying in lots of WD40 and wriggling the key it will open

You do have charging points under the bonnet if you can open that

Joeybagger

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now a C220 CDI, Have had 4 E180's and a C240S. No longer using the wifes Volvo V70. Not Nice
Thanks television for such a fast response.

I have sprayed lighter fuel into the barrel as it is a good cleaner and will use wd40 later today if the snow abates and give it a go...

Once again thanks..

Have not yet tried to open the bonnet, but I did find a great post from Dec which I will also try http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=41769

Cheers and happy New Year

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Are you sure there is no door lock (key barrel) as they normally have a blank in the key slot so it may appear at first glance that you haven,t got one. I have seen a lot of c classes, and i have never seen one that did,nt.
It is fitted in the rear of the handle, one side will have the infra red eye the other will possibly have another eye and the lock.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes I use lots of lighter fuel for many jobs,,what does work well is if you have something that vibrates like a sander or electric tooth brush and just hold this on the end of the key,,it frees off any sticky tumblers in the the lock

Joeybagger

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A good soaking with lighter fuel and some oil did the trick and I got in through the boot.

Thanks for the help all around

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom