Locking car without alarm on ferry crossing (W210 ´99)

w210inSpain

Reaction score
Originally from Swindon, Wiltshire, now live in Sp
Website
www.arroyoproperty.com
Your Mercedes
E300 TD 1999 3.0L
Hi,

I´ve taken my W210 on the ferry from Santander to Plymouth twice, the first time with no problems, but the second set off the alarm which left me with a flat battery and a few upset travellers.

I´m sure I had pressed the button to deactivate the tow away sensor but didn´t appear to work.

Is there a standard way to lock the car without having the alarm set at all?

i.e. if you remove the blanking cover in the door handle and lock with the blade key will this lock the car and not set the alarm or immobiliser?

I´ll be travelling again soon and don´t want the same problem.

Many thanks, Pete.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Just press the button which shows a car and a hook, press that and lock the car within 15 sec,s!!

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
The switch should give you a visual indication of the sensor being de-activated, by means of a red LED in the switch itself.

OP
w210inSpain

w210inSpain

Reaction score
Originally from Swindon, Wiltshire, now live in Sp
Website
www.arroyoproperty.com
Your Mercedes
E300 TD 1999 3.0L
Hi, I know about the switch for deactivating the 2 sensors, and use both often, but was wondering if there was a way of deactivating the alarm completely.
And would it only be the tow away sensor that would set the alarm off while on a ferry?

I´ve had a problem with the infra red sensors for a while and have to disable those every night.

If you press both parts of the switch before closing and locking, will it disable both the infra red sensors and the tow away sensor for that period?

Pete.

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
I would disable both elements of the alarm if travelling on a ferry. My old 210 had a tow away and an interior motion sensor mode on the switch, and yes, pressing both ends before locking disables both. If you have anything that can move (such as suit jackets hanging by the door) they could move on a ferry and set off the motion sensors. I always used to do both (albeit only to the Isle of Wight so not really far enough to flatten the battery) and never had the alarm go off(You can hear it from the boat deck on those ferries)

Cheers,
Bill

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
i work right next to portsmouth harbour mouth and i have yet to see an isle of wight car ferry leave or arrive without a whole load of car alarms sounding !

type49

Reaction score
You could have "ATA" (alarm) coded out via STAR if you wanted. Remote CLS will be as before, just no alarm.

Top Bottom