locking the car

his-ringship

Reaction score
i have a clk 320 convertible 51 plate can i lock the car with the roof down or will the alarm go off had a look in the owners manual no help there any help gratefully recieved

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes , when you lock the car with the roof down, the movement sensor is turned off, your car possibly locks the boxes as well, my SL does.

If someone tried to open a door the alarm would go off

OP
H

his-ringship

Reaction score
sorry to sound stupid on this butwhen you say movement sensor do you mean the switch on the dash with the hook and the lifting car

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No,you do not have to do anything, the movement sensor is turned off automatically when the top is down.

The towing sensor is to stop random alarms when being towed

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
OH, I will have to test ths, I was sure the movement sensor was still active with the top down

type49

Reaction score
Yes , when you lock the car with the roof down, the movement sensor is turned off, your car possibly locks the boxes as well, my SL does.

If someone tried to open a door the alarm would go off

Only if it's been fitted with the dealer fit auto shut-off. From standard, 208 cabs didn't shut movement sensers off with roof down.:shock:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only if it's been fitted with the dealer fit auto shut-off. From standard, 208 cabs didn't shut movement sensers off with roof down.:shock:

Oh sh!t,, I have made a bloomer, thanks type 49

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom