Locking wheel nut removal

pikeg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold My Mercedes
Whist having my wheels refurbed the wheel place ruined the key, even though the guy said he went "gently" with a breaker bar I reckon he just went full send with an air powdered rattle gun.. He completely sheered the innards of the key..

Either way, they ended up welding bolts to the end of my old locking nuts and getting them out that way.. Luckily they did this before refurbing the wheels lol

So if all else fails, have a garage to weld a bold on and get them out that way

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 (W222) 2014. Turbo 4.7 V8 with loads of toys. Superfast luxury.
MB have all these on shelf in the workshop and its a matter of them going through finding the right one then giving you the number.

Any tyre place will have a tool for removing the locking nut or slowly knocking it out.

I actually removed all mine, after like you the nut got lost after having some work done.
Agree with this. Just go to the parts desk and ask to buy a key (about £30). They can come out to the car and try from their master set to determine which one.
They can still be a pig to remove though it took a local mechanic over an hour with a 3 foot bar while his assistant hammered it for shock. They went in the bin afterwards to be replaced with standard bolts

Alps

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E63s S213, SOLD - 2013 Weistec E63 AMG, SOLD - 2004 E55 (x2)
Whist having my wheels refurbed the wheel place ruined the key, even though the guy said he went "gently" with a breaker bar I reckon he just went full send with an air powdered rattle gun.. He completely sheered the innards of the key..

Either way, they ended up welding bolts to the end of my old locking nuts and getting them out that way.. Luckily they did this before refurbing the wheels lol

So if all else fails, have a garage to weld a bold on and get them out that way
Had a puncture so had a tyre changed at F1, chain a bit like kwikfit, had no choice. anyhow they must have held a air gun to tighten the hell out of it, when my local refurb place tried to break the locking nut loose, same thing happened, innards shredded, he did want me there was a chance of it as the normal nuts were also mega tight even with a scaffold bar!. had to use a local garage who welded and removed. Like you the wheels needed a refurb anyway!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom