London pollution charge

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Gengis Khan must have been a visionary, depending on who's history you read, around 1200AD he's responsible for the killing of up to 40 million people! What would it be like today if that never happened?

plague, flu epidemic, Stalin, WWI, WWII ..etc in the 80's they were talking how AIDS would halve the world population....never works that way - has something to do with chaos theory ..way above my head

CrustyClam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63 2007
If I lived in London I'd be getting a yellow vest. "Vive La London"

Mike350

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
350 2004 3.7 V6
and nobody is talking about the pollution generated to make the batteries and the electricity to charge them.
Or the pollution from spent batteries, they’re pretty toxic and needs lots of energy to make them safe. If we all had e cars, then we wouldn’t be able to boil the kettle!

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
15 year exemption for taxi vehicles, what about one rule for all. Why should they be allowed when much cleaner vehicles are banned.

:mad: How do they get away with it?
The exemption is not for 15 years BTW but for vehicles upto 15 years old but still.
They are exempt but ambulances, fire engines and police cars are not.

They are close to extinction any way.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
and nobody is talking about the pollution generated to make the batteries and the electricity to charge them.

Or making the cars to put them in, the factories to build them, the immediate green way forward is to green up what we have where suitable.
There is no point in flooding the market with electric cars when there is no where to charge them.
So many points I see are either occupied or broken.
That is what put the final nail in my change plan.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Or making the cars to put them in, the factories to build them, the immediate green way forward is to green up what we have where suitable.
There is no point in flooding the market with electric cars when there is no where to charge them.

are you looking for an electric hearse? ;):p:eek:

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.

There is very limited tax revenue in people keeping cars for a long time, repairing and recycling to keep running is better for the planet but would leave Gov't's needing to raise dosh from elsewhere, and unemployment increases too.

Top Bottom