Look what I brought home.....

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
.........yesterday.

A 2003 SLK230K. 93K Miles, FSH, Leather, AC, (that works!) Electric Seats, (a story to tell here - later) and quite a nice fold out Headunit with Satnav, Bluetooth etc.... Good Staggered, (205/225) Wheels with Premium Tyres.
And amazingly 2 working Keys!!! Wonders never cease! :shock:
Obviously got bits of Tin Worm here and there obviously - so what else is new! :rolleyes:

Some pics I took earlier.

MxnWSiI.jpg

pcIjJpm.jpg

54pqJu6.jpg

p47BgDx.jpg

wV7FtDw.jpg

TH3nbXV.jpg

MKQJRVN.jpg

v5dmKXh.jpg

Ciao......

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Looking good, great choice of car :cool::p:D

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Just like mine although i got the lovely 17" amg rims aswell , mine had done similar miles too , sure you will enjoy it pal

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Love those wheels - sought-after.
And someone's given the lenses the proper treatment.
Hope you enjoy every minute and hope for a long-lasting summer.

I enjoyed the one I had, but my wife complained that it was the only car that made her seasick! Very strange, because even though we were caught out sometimes when the Med cut up rough (in our boat, not the car), I was the queasy one, while she laughed.

OP
RhodieBill

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Looks very nice, are you starting a collection ?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Brian.

No, hopefully someone is coming to purchase the c180K this afternoon..... Just cannot live with a Manual anymore! Thought I could, but I was wrong. Sad because other than that it's a really nice car! I with the bodywork of the SLK was in the same condition!

Hopefully catch up soon..... :cool:

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
A180 CDI AVANTGARDE SE CVT,169.007, 2009
Hi Brian.

No, hopefully someone is coming to purchase the c180K this afternoon..... Just cannot live with a Manual anymore! Thought I could, but I was wrong. Sad because other than that it's a really nice car! I with the bodywork of the SLK was in the same condition!

Interesting. I’m wanting to have automatic next out of choice. Why are you changing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
RhodieBill

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Love those wheels - sought-after.
And someone's given the lenses the proper treatment.
Hope you enjoy every minute and hope for a long-lasting summer.

I enjoyed the one I had, but my wife complained that it was the only car that made her seasick! Very strange, because even though we were caught out sometimes when the Med cut up rough (in our boat, not the car), I was the queasy one, while she laughed.

Don't worry the old "mal di mare" can catch any seafarer unawares sometimes.... I quite like the motion, although it's a long time since I've been on a small vessel in high seas! My father had a 72" Deep Sea Diving Boat called the "Inga" many years ago, and we used to go across to the Channel Islands occasionally. The rest of the family hated it, but I was like my Dad, couldn't get enough!

Like when we used to catch the Pont Aven across to Santander, even if it was slightly choppy I always seemed to be the only one on deck filming.....

Thanks for the compliments everyone!!! Always much appreciated... :D

OP
RhodieBill

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I agree with the big lad. How did they keep the engine bay so clean?!!! Especially on a 2003, that’s older than mine.

I have to admit, the engine bay didn't look like that when I got it - the rest of the car did though....
That was the result of a couple of hours hard work! And it needs more!!

But I thank you for the compliment... ;)

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
Nice car.
Hope you enjoy your R170 as much as l am enjoying mine. They're rather underrated and that 230k engine really suits the car in my opinion.

OP
RhodieBill

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nice car.
Hope you enjoy your R170 as much as l am enjoying mine. They're rather underrated and that 230k engine really suits the car in my opinion.

Thank you....

Yes, it doesn't seem too bad and a surprising amount of torque! I would have ideally preferred the 320 but the ones I looked at were riddled with rust and obviously unloved!
I have inherent reservations with anything that has a Turbo or Supercharger.... So buying the c180 as well as the 230 was a huge leap of faith on my part!

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
The M112 engine in the 320 is great. I have the 280 version in my C class. But did you know that the SLK320 isn't that much faster than the SLK230, it's more about refinement. Don't get me wrong, the M112 v6 is a fine unit but people tend to overlook just how good the 230k is. As l said, l think it suits the car very well and indeed feels very torquey as you mentioned.

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
A180 CDI AVANTGARDE SE CVT,169.007, 2009
I have to admit, the engine bay didn't look like that when I got it - the rest of the car did though....
That was the result of a couple of hours hard work! And it needs more!!

But I thank you for the compliment... ;)

In that case Sir, I salute you!!!! That is Awesome!!!!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi Brian.

Are you going to be bringing it "up the hill" on the 3rd?

OP
RhodieBill

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Are you going to be bringing it "up the hill" on the 3rd?

More than likely - thanks for the "Heads-up"!

Getting back to mt C180K. Thought I had clean the car for the buyer coming at 3:30 - now 1pm. Cleaned it up nicely then thought I would just turn it around facing out of the drive, didn't want the reversing! (It's quite narrow between hedge one side and a lamp post the other).
Turned the Key - NOTHING! All lights up but not a dickie bird from the Starter - weird, it started yesterday ok??? Battery just under 13V.
So I thought "bugger it" I have AA Home Start - they arrive with 30 minutes. Chap says after trying - "Definitely the Starter"....
Anyway, without further ado out with the jack off with the covers underneath. Tested circuits - full juice getting to the battery, just not turning. A few taps with the hammer - nothing!

So I need a Battery - SOD'S ****** LAW!

So I push him down the road - starts first time... The AA Man leaves after putting everything back - First class service I thought!

The couple buying still pitch up - I had contacted them telling them of the issue.

They still want to buy at full asking when starter is fixed....

So now I need to get that fixed..... Bugger!

Any ideas on either new, second hand? Anybody got one laying around...lol. :D

I'll get one and take it to my Mechanic to fit.... He's a good sort!.

But yeah, I will confirm on the "Meet On The Hill"....

Top Bottom