Look what I brought home.....

OP
RhodieBill

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Fitted the new Relay for the Seats...... I have to say it was a lot easier than I thought. Took all of 30 minutes start to finish!

Literally pop off the End Cap Fuse Cover, (2 Quick Releases) Remove Right Side Vent - small phillips screw at top of Vent, (push Vent fully up to locate Screw) then pull from the bottom.
Remove Screw by the Steering Adjuster, then the Cover just pops off.
Remove 2 Screws hidden by the Cover Surround of Steering Adjuster.
Remove 3 Phillips Screws from the underside of the Dash Cover - 2 either side, one in the centre. You do not have to remove the 2 screws near the Foot Pedals.
Then just pull down gently to lower the Lower Panel from the Upper Panel.
The Relay is then quite visible and reachable. Pull straight out and replace with new one.
Then just the reverse sequence.

When I removed the old one I did notice that it was quite warm, which I found surprising! There was nothing around it to make it so.
Is this normal?

Anyway, the Seats work now.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Fitted the new Relay for the Seats...... I have to say it was a lot easier than I thought. Took all of 30 minutes start to finish!

When I removed the old one I did notice that it was quite warm, which I found surprising! There was nothing around it to make it so.
Is this normal?

Anyway, the Seats work now.
Relays carry heavy currents so they could quite easily get warm, I'm guessing.

OP
RhodieBill

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Relays carry heavy currents so they could quite easily get warm, I'm guessing.

Thanks.... This is my belief also - but it wasn't being used, or at least I hadn't been using it as far as I knew. I hadn't been trying to use the Seats at all for days...??? Unless of course they are live permanently even with the Ignition off and Key removed...?? (Obviously the Door was open - the Seats work with the key removed and the Door open).

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom