Looking for a new car

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I Agree, its now up to 6k! Its 2K too expensive. Otherwise, treat is as any other C class.
Interesting mix of location for the photos. The bulk of them look quite up market but there are s couple are like something out of 28 days later.....

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Interesting mix of location for the photos. The bulk of them look quite up market but there are s couple are like something out of 28 days later.....

Yes, one extreme to another! heh

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I Agree, its now up to 6k! Its 2K too expensive. Otherwise, treat is as any other C class.

I would have thought there would be a very small market place for that + how would you describe that to potential insurer. An opportunity for them I fear to rob you !! :rolleyes::eek::eek:

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
With respect to the OP, the heavily modified C63 look a like diesels are probably being bought by youngsters who cannot insure or afford the real thing. Declaring the mods is probably the last thing on their minds, hoping they don't get into any incidents that would give the game away.
To the OP, get some insurance quotes for that car, with all the modifications before proceeding. You may have a nasty shock.

The mods themselves are worth little extra to a bog standard car, despite whatever the owner has paid for them. As above, treat it as an 85k mile C220 + £500 when valuing the car, assuming the work is of a good quality and not a bodge job.

OP
S

Simon42

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 estate cdi sport 2.1l
With respect to the OP, the heavily modified C63 look a like diesels are probably being bought by youngsters who cannot insure or afford the real thing. Declaring the mods is probably the last thing on their minds, hoping they don't get into any incidents that would give the game away.
To the OP, get some insurance quotes for that car, with all the modifications before proceeding. You may have a nasty shock.

The mods themselves are worth little extra to a bog standard car, despite whatever the owner has paid for them. As above, treat it as an 85k mile C220 + £500 when valuing the car, assuming the work is of a good quality and not a bodge job.

I think I will leave this one then .if anyone knows of a nice e250 or e350 estate for sale you can let me know .we only had are e250 two weeks before someone drove into the back of us and write it off but now my wife only wants a Mercedes

MartyR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 ML 270, 2007 Clio 197
Chap I know bought a Golf R replica and looked amazing, the previous owner had spent a fortune getting the 1.6 diesel engine modified as well. 2 weeks later on a M42 run the engine blew up and effectively wrote the car off.

Save your money buy something that you will get value for money for. If you’re lucky and save one day you might afford a real one and then no one can take the urine out of you.

Not only do high performance cars come with high maintenance cars but I my experience running costs as well.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
I think I will leave this one then .if anyone knows of a nice e250 or e350 estate for sale you can let me know .we only had are e250 two weeks before someone drove into the back of us and write it off but now my wife only wants a Mercedes
:D:D:D:D
What about a e250 coupe :D

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
Mercland has a few nice looking saloons and the odd estate on their books, budget dependent......

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom