Looking to Buy SLK with Electrical problems

ashwaads

Reaction score
Help - I'm looking to buy my mates SLK, but its got a couple of electrical issues. Firstly the Air scarf on the passanger side will not stay on. On pressing the button you can see the lights come on, but the scarf doesn't work. Any ideas for a fix? Could it be expensive?
Secondly, The electric seat on the drivers side won't stay on for more than a minute or so.

Just wondered if these problems could be simple fixes or realy expensive?

Ash:confused:

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Will assume its the new SLK R171, needs star diags to find out whats wrong firstly, is it one of the first 171's as they had many electrical faults.

Get diags done first and go from there, some faults might be fixed with diagnostics.

jib

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Ae Jib above, it is best to put it onto STAR, the air scarf may just need activating

The Rock

Reaction score
In defence of the R171, my wife's 54-plate SLK350 has had no electrical faults at all.

The gearbox needed new software in the first few months, an air-con valve needed replacing two years ago and a door hinge jammed last year. The dealership cannot stop her wipers from creaking and the hood rattles, but that's it. Nothing has let her down.

It's her third SLK and I think it's the best car she's ever had.

Rock

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom