OP
F

Film Art Director

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 sClass
Sorry for the delay

Hi everyone,

sorry for the delay in reply- it's been a little crazy busy... so much so that the shoot date has been pushed back a week.

I understand the concern about the lack of information, but I didn't want to post all the details on a public forum (i.e. production company, phone numbers etc.) Just first wanted to see if there was any interest at all.

but to answer a few questions:

Gkinghorn - The scene is our lead is walking down a "country" road (hence the location)... this Merc drives past, brakes and reverses and the driver has a chat to our hero. No crazy chase scenes and stunt driving (sorry)

Shaggy - our production company is fully registered and has full insurance that will cover any damage that may occur (although given the description of the scene, there's nothing too strenuous happening).

I realise I had said to feel free to contact me with further questions, but didn't leave an email address (as I've realised I don't check this as often as I should)
so any further inquiries please send to chuckburgers83@gmail.com

thanks everyone

P.S. not a wind up and not eastern european :lol:

Lazzzydog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK350 avantegard cabriolet
Hi there Chuck, I'll have the half pounder meal deal with a coffee, thanks.:lol:

coventryslk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 CDI Sport
Hi everyone,

sorry for the delay in reply- it's been a little crazy busy... so much so that the shoot date has been pushed back a week.

I understand the concern about the lack of information, but I didn't want to post all the details on a public forum (i.e. production company, phone numbers etc.) Just first wanted to see if there was any interest at all.

but to answer a few questions:

Gkinghorn - The scene is our lead is walking down a "country" road (hence the location)... this Merc drives past, brakes and reverses and the driver has a chat to our hero. No crazy chase scenes and stunt driving (sorry)

Shaggy - our production company is fully registered and has full insurance that will cover any damage that may occur (although given the description of the scene, there's nothing too strenuous happening).

I realise I had said to feel free to contact me with further questions, but didn't leave an email address (as I've realised I don't check this as often as I should)
so any further inquiries please send to chuckburgers83@gmail.com

thanks everyone

P.S. not a wind up and not eastern european :lol:

Its an adult film shoot

phoenix550

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S320
I'm in if Mr director needs male talent for the film:) (Only if it's hetero)

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
I wonder why they don't just hire a Mercedes for the day, instead of messing about on forums? :rolleyes:

phoenix550

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220 S320
I wonder why they don't just hire a Mercedes for the day, instead of messing about on forums? :rolleyes:

Probably cheap or looking for a freebie. My brother's in the film industry and they're always on the lookout for free labour (bunch of commies).

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
I've been approached several times by TV companies wishing to use our services in their programmes but they never want to pay. We would get a mention in the credits at the end though. Yeah right, jog on.....

OP
F

Film Art Director

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 sClass
Hi guys,

Fortunately (or sadly) its not an adult film, its a serious film-

tode,
I've rung around the hire companies- all hire companies have the latest models which are too new for our shoot. That's why I'm after a 2005 - 2007 model.

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
You will find plenty of wedding / taxi companies using that vintage of S Class.

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
OP
F

Film Art Director

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 sClass
thanks for the lead tode.
I called them and they've only got 2010 and 2012.

I've tried classic car clubs but they've got too old!

oh well, on with the hunt

SteveX

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why that particular age and why a Mercedes?

OP
F

Film Art Director

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 sClass
Hi SteveX,

I was after an 05-07 era. Mercedes was specifically requested by the director- I guess he imagines this character as a Mercedes owner.

But great news! we've found one to hire. I ended up finding one on gumtree for sale, and we are hiring off him for a day. Just wanted to say thanks everyone for all your help

Cheers

Top Bottom