Lost my MB virginity today.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Had my first ever test drive, in fact, any drive, of an MB vehicle today. It was an E Class 350 CDi Coupe Sport, there aren't enough superlatives or expletives in the dictionary! :D

I've been walking around with a simply ridiculous cheesy grin on my face for the last couple of hours, lol.

Suffice to say, I think it was superb and just the car I'm looking for, it certainly lived up to the hype! I am delighted.

I was allowed to take the car out without a salesperson, due to the garage being on Saturday skeleton staff (a small family owned business), plus the fact that the owner has known me for around thirty years helped enormously.

I had a 40 mile test drive over almost every type of road available to drive in the UK lasting over an hour. My oldest son came with me as we sampled motorway, dual carriageway, A road, B road and single track, don't you just love living in Scotland?

When we got back my friend joked he was just about to sent out a search party.

So, now it's down to brass tacks, checking out the fine detail around tax, insurance and finance. So far, so good, it's all about bringing it all together now.

My lad actually said "Dad if you buy this, and then get fed up with it after a few years just like you usually do I'll buy it from you", he was so impressed with it. I was impressed enough to reply " No son, I think this one will see me out. I can get it re-mapped if I get bored with it and at that level of torque there's not much except super cars that'll stay with it, plus it's just so comfortable". I'm in love. :D

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Excellent write up Jimbo , that is one lovely engine . I've had the slightly lesser E320cdi for 7 years and 65k miles and still love it .
Lot of smiles per gallon :D

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
I've read that there is an Aux input for the infotainment (Command) system is there any USB connection so that I can plug in my iPod?

Linuus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w210 wagon
Hehehe I know the felling when I bought my 1st ever MB S210.... still love it every single time I drive ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
Have a look in the arm rest
There is a media connection lead for iPod (and usb and aux in) - eBay will be your friend but check they are originals
Being the 350 (even if it is a diesel ;)), I expect it has Comand, so it should be there and integrate fully

What age is it as some (mines a 2012) can have a firmware update that adds BT audio

It may also have an integral HDD referred to as the music register (around 10gb) loaded up via MP3 DVD

DAB?......

They are great

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I've read that there is an Aux input for the infotainment (Command) system is there any USB connection so that I can plug in my iPod?

If it has COMAND the plug will be in the glovebox on the right hand side, you will need a set of adapter cables (3 of them) that should come with it

Bajie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 AMG Edition 507 (C207)
Really is a lovely car and you will be happy with it.
Get good spec and you are laughing.
Sport mode is fun. Mine is standard as saw no need to chip even though you can get better economy with a remap.
I downloaded music to the command, there is iPod connectivity in the arm rest and also usb input. Bluetooth for inevitable phone calls on drive to work is very good, command will allow you to view text messages but I never do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
How do you view text messages in Comand (for when you are parked up)?

Not found that yet......

Bajie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 AMG Edition 507 (C207)
It’s in the telephone section.
You can only read the sms no option to reply
When a text is received you here a beep and a small envelope appears on screen, top right next to mobile carrier and signal strength info

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ANDREWSKIPTON

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 C220 BlueTec Saloon
Same here with my C220! Lovely & safe family car! wouldn't drive anything else now than a Merc!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom