Lost touch with prices!

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
As I was reading through the posts I was just thinking about the 3 hours per side to replace the sensors.

I am surprised nobody else picked up on it.. perhaps that's normal, but a quick scoot on good old youtube shows it's not thaaaat bad a job, is it?

I mean, come on. That's nearly a days work for a lad to replace two sensors?

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
Know what the prices are bad enough but when a service manager comes to see you and they look down there nose at you as if you are dirt ,,then the blood boils.

OP
marlowboy

marlowboy

Reaction score
As I was reading through the posts I was just thinking about the 3 hours per side to replace the sensors.

I am surprised nobody else picked up on it.. perhaps that's normal, but a quick scoot on good old youtube shows it's not thaaaat bad a job, is it?

I mean, come on. That's nearly a days work for a lad to replace two sensors?

The three hours per side are made up off having to undo the various “arms” around the Hub as well as Brake Calliper to enable it to move enough for the Shaft to come out of the Hub, assuming it’s not to seized, the Ring can then be changed. The actual wire Sensor is SUPPOSEDLY a simple job, 1 bolt and “pull it out of the Hub” yeah, right! Mine is seized solid, i started to Drill it out but got fed up and went back to Paint Stripping the Hall. Not sure which job I enjoy least but at least I’m in the dry!

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
The three hours per side are made up off having to undo the various “arms” around the Hub as well as Brake Calliper to enable it to move enough for the Shaft to come out of the Hub, assuming it’s not to seized, the Ring can then be changed. The actual wire Sensor is SUPPOSEDLY a simple job, 1 bolt and “pull it out of the Hub” yeah, right! Mine is seized solid, i started to Drill it out but got fed up and went back to Paint Stripping the Hall. Not sure which job I enjoy least but at least I’m in the dry!

Ok, fair enough.. perhaps the video I had seen had a little of that done, or perhaps different models have varying levels of complexity. I stand open to correction :)

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
If you have the money go for it, bear in mind, carbon ceramics will cost you approx £10k plus pads for the car. Steels are a lot cheaper. :)
Well minor service is £499 and major £1350, front pads £24.99 + fitting so not much more than AMG really. I only do around 6000 miles a year so provided I get some warranty should be ok.

The drawback is just found out battery dies after 4 days non use...

Mercedes SL500 R231

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
minor service a nugget off 500 squid , are the tools made by Gucci ??
Probably using the £25k torque wrench that Guy Martin had a play with at Ricardo...

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Well minor service is £499 and major £1350, front pads £24.99 + fitting so not much more than AMG really. I only do around 6000 miles a year so provided I get some warranty should be ok.

The drawback is just found out battery dies after 4 days non use...

Mercedes SL500 R231
A C-Tek trickle charger costs about £70 IIRC. My brother's 458 is always plugged in unless it's out on the road. The bigger problem is that you'll have to change your moniker. You also have to make new friends - not many on here have Ferrari problems to discuss.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
A C-Tek trickle charger costs about £70 IIRC. My brother's 458 is always plugged in unless it's out on the road. The bigger problem is that you'll have to change your moniker. You also have to make new friends - not many on here have Ferrari problems to discuss.
No room in the garage for the Ferrari to charge it, guess I would have to drive it more often...

Plenty of BMW owners still on here, technically I would still own an SLK so maybe that would allow me to retain membership?

Mercedes SL500 R231

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom