lowering!!!!! w202 c180 need your HELP!!!!

Sunil_B

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 W202 BLUE with 18inch AMG 5spoke lowered on ebiach springs now looking to get cream leathers
:confused::confused::confused:i am looking to lower my c180 w202 99 model and just wanted to find out what in your oppinion will do it the best and roughly how much i am looking at. i have been browsing a few sites looking at spax, koin, hr etc suspension kits i am looking to deck it no lower that 40mm tops:confused::confused::confused:

OP
S

Sunil_B

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 W202 BLUE with 18inch AMG 5spoke lowered on ebiach springs now looking to get cream leathers

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Changing the rubber pads will help you lower it by upto 15-20mm along with some Eibach springs which will acheive around 35 - 40mm and that would be sufficient, I wouldnt change the suspension arms unless they are worn/old for 2 reasons; 1 - save the money, 2 - ride quality will get stiffer if changed, whereas springs alone wont effect the ride too much. I have used eibachs on mine and its still very very comfortable

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
good idea but i rather change the springs and suspension arms

Why replace the suspension arms?, they make no difference at all to ride hieght, I would buy standard "SPORT" (30-40mm lower i believe) springs and a set of the thinnest rubber pads. MB Springs are approx. £50ea. and pads are approx. £5
There is always a Bilstein B12 kit (available from ECP) which is 4 lowered springs and shocks, and has recieved good comments from several members.

Last edited:
OP
S

Sunil_B

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Changing the rubber pads will help you lower it by upto 15-20mm along with some Eibach springs which will acheive around 35 - 40mm and that would be sufficient, I wouldnt change the suspension arms unless they are worn/old for 2 reasons; 1 - save the money, 2 - ride quality will get stiffer if changed, whereas springs alone wont effect the ride too much. I have used eibachs on mine and its still very very comfortable

i was origonaly thinking of doing this but i heard that it recks the suspension arms after a while and it would be benifical to do it all at onces.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
who said that??? I have had lowering springs in my previous cars and had no problem. The only problem which can happen is that the shocks can bottom out if the springs are too small or not fully fitted.35-40mm shouldnt be a problem at all

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Great idea-until you rip the sump off on speedhumps?

when your car look good you never going fast enough to get your sump damaged anyway. I have had lowered cars in past in LONDON and never had an issue with cracked sump.

OP
S

Sunil_B

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
when your car look good you never going fast enough to get your sump damaged anyway. I have had lowered cars in past in LONDON and never had an issue with cracked sump.

low n slow all the way lol o yh decided today to go with the springs u suggested chers mate

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
i was origonaly thinking of doing this but i heard that it recks the suspension arms after a while and it would be benifical to do it all at onces.

They did not mean suspension arms they mean shock absorbers (dampers) which are highly likely to get ruined because the internal piston will now be operating in a different part of the tube and experience (not just mine) has found this to wear the shocks very quickly.

Also, lower springs are generally stronger springs (higher rated) and they need the shorter higher rated shocks to match, so that you get a 'complete' lower suspension system - not a 'half-cocked' one.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
OP
S

Sunil_B

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
just to let you know that today i ordered Eibach Pro Kit Spring Kit lowering springs model number E2532-140 30mm drop at front a back just waiting for the delivery :D :D :D

clive-cls

Banned
Reaction score
lowering to 40mm should not be a problem at all ! Like you say low and slow, There is a chap local to me with the old shape e320 never had a problem with lowering but be aware the 40mm may end up 45mm when they bed in.

Clive

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
lowering to 40mm should not be a problem at all ! Like you say low and slow, There is a chap local to me with the old shape e320 never had a problem with lowering but be aware the 40mm may end up 45mm when they bed in.

Clive

Clive these Eibachs are very impressive (specially the pro kit) I had them fitted on mine and they do indeed only lower by 35mm and I am very very happy man with handling and ride quality. I am looking to change the rubber covers to lower it further at front and will be changing the rear wheel/tyres to wider width to get better stance at rear

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
just to let you know that today i ordered Eibach Pro Kit Spring Kit lowering springs model number E2532-140 30mm drop at front a back just waiting for the delivery :D :D :D

where are you based? How much did you pay?

OP
S

Sunil_B

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
im from east london n paid £150 for the springs just waiting for them to be shipped from germany

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Must have paid alot for shipping though, you should have go them from the link i sent you they were only £140 plus usually arrive next day so you dont have to wait too long:lol::lol::lol:

You know how it is when you waiting for a part to arrive

OP
S

Sunil_B

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Must have paid alot for shipping though, you should have go them from the link i sent you they were only £140 plus usually arrive next day so you dont have to wait too long:lol::lol::lol:

You know how it is when you waiting for a part to arrive

yeah thats true it was £10 for shipping as its comming from germany well i be worth the wait when its finaly on is there any thing i should be aware of or change to the suspension while i fit these sprigs to save time and not having to go back to it again.

thanks sunil b

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
I would say take it to a Merc indie as they can also give the whole underside of car a once over to see any other issues etc, But with regards to the the actual springs, you don't need to change anything else but you may want to pre-order the rubber cups for the top of the springs, they only £5 a piece and for precautionary measure you should order 2 variations and take them with you as then you can test which one suits your needs best. You wont see too much drop from the springs alone but the handling will improve quiet significantly.

Top Bottom