lpg conversion for E300 td

matts124

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w210 1999 300td
hi has anybody tried an lpg conversion for a w210 e300 td, in theory more power better economy and cleaner emissions. but what will it be like on the road???:confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
on a diesel, the benefits are negligeable. you still need to run something like 80%+ diesel and the power gains are limited by all accounts. certainly NOT worth the expense of the conversion unless you plan to do about 100k miles per year. they use the set up in the USA i gather on their HGV's but even THEY admit that in a car environment the gains will be virtually unnoticeable and certainly of no benefit.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Is this not the engine that runs well on fish and chip waste.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
those old engines do run ok on cooking oil. perhaps i shouldve tried it in the one i had! dad ran the refined waste (converted to a biodiesel) in the cdi for about 40k miles with no issues. im almost tempted to try some again to see if it sorts a possible injector issue

Triv

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A brace of s210 1998 e300 turborustbuckets. Toyota HiLux Surf kzn185 3.0L
Why would you want to spend money to install a system that costs money to run?
As said above, these engines run fine on veg oil, which can be obtained for nothing and the only conversion cost will be a set of viton o rings at around a tenner.
It's a no brainer.

Having said that, I did meet a Dutchman last year who added nos systems to diesels with a trickle feed. Not for extra oomph but for economy.
He said that he'd had some very good results.
Makes sense to me.

Last edited:

Big Eb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 E300 td avantgarde
Mine ran on biodiesel when i got it but not been able to soarce anymore, heathrow area

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom