Ls2 steering box

Ian julie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 507d om602
Hi new to forum's I'm trying to get get repair or replacement ls2 steering box part number I believe is a3094600718 ive been told the worm gear has worn

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Trip to your dealers buddy, change the bearings and seals too.

OP
I

Ian julie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 507d om602
I have tried to adjust the steering box with some success but I believe I have maxed out on adjustment. I have been in contact with a company that refurbish boxes but if gears are worn they will still charge me refurb bearing seals etc but the box will come back with same amount of play ?

OP
I

Ian julie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 507d om602
Ps thanks for your reply. I have an old 507d camper with om602 none turbo engine is suffering with blow by have seen om 602 on the net for sale advert says it had auto box bolted to it do you know if icould use this engine. And is there any trip ups I should look out for many thanks regards ian

clarkmichigan55b

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 208D T1 van 1989
Good Morning,

I think the best thing to with your steering box is to go to your local Mercedes commercial dealer the parts required and chassis number to price up the items required.
As to the engine unless you can hear it running and it has water in it buyer beware. The engine should be the same but check the crankshaft fitment, and if fitted the injection pump may have electronic idle control fitted. Also if looks as if its been sitting in a field then walk away could be full of water.
Hope this is of help.

OP
I

Ian julie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 507d om602
Good Morning,

I think the best thing to with your steering box is to go to your local Mercedes commercial dealer the parts required and chassis number to price up the items required.
As to the engine unless you can hear it running and it has water in it buyer beware. The engine should be the same but check the crankshaft fitment, and if fitted the injection pump may have electronic idle control fitted. Also if looks as if its been sitting in a field then walk away could be full of water.
Hope this is of help.
Thanks for replying. I'm having trouble finding parts even though Mercedes dealers ,even with part nummber s i have taken on board your advice about engine and might get engine overhaul or replacement engine though engine suppliers i am to be onest struggling, once again thanks for your reply regards ian

clarkmichigan55b

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 208D T1 van 1989
Was the COMMERCIAL CV dealer helpful when he or she was given the part numbers. With the correct numbers they would be able to tell what was in stock at the parts warehouse in Germany and how many on the shelf. They would also be able to do a UK and world parts search to see who has the item.
Adrian.

OP
I

Ian julie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 507d om602
Thanks Adrian did as you said contacted Mercedes directly gave part nummber of steering box .they were very helpful but were unable to find part required thanks for your reply regards ian

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom