Lulu's "Idiot on my head" thread

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
As you can see Lulu's thread has been locked I had a PM from her last night & she has promised to keep me informed on the outcome of her problem.

I'll let you guys know what happens when she gets back to me

Regards

Keith

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Lulu01 can rust open a new post if she wants too, there is nothing stopping her, and we are all interested in the outcome, so please tell her Hooded Claw

OP
The Hooded Claw

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
Lulu01 can rust open a new post if she wants too, there is nothing stopping her, and we are all interested in the outcome, so please tell her Hooded Claw

i have done Malcolm but in her PM she stated she was "Unsure" if she would post again because of the last few posts on her thread,

I was going to send over a copy to you ..but as is the Norm (for You) yer PM box is full!!!......Do you NEVER empty it ?????

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was the one that got it closed. Sorry about the PM box, but I will send her a message, and explain as well.

OP
The Hooded Claw

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
Cheers Malc, I think a little " We're here to help" would go along way

D1gger5

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently Capri 280, 2 Litre S and 3 Litre Ghia
People forget that what they type can be inappropriate.

I was stitched up once over car repairs which is why I do it all myself. The problem is that modern cars NEED mechanics with the right kit/knowledge.

If I have a good word to say about a tradesperson then I'll recommend them but if one treats me inappropriately then I never go there again and spread the word.

The car sales/garage I visited on Saturday was brilliant, no hard sell, here's the keys, would you like a test drive? I think I'll go back to fully check out the electrics and paperwork before potentially negotiating on the purchase.

A few years ago I happened to visit one of these car supermarkets - it was like every vehicle had its own personal salesperson. If you stopped or showed an interest then it was like flies round doo-doo. I was only window shopping which means I'll never return there.

The same goes for anything I purchase/do. If someone treats me wrong they get left out of everything.

I hope this does not put off others from this forum, including Lulu and make others think before they type. If others want to help, this should be encouraged rather than relying on the usual suspects.

Diggers

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
i have done Malcolm but in her PM she stated she was "Unsure" if she would post again because of the last few posts on her thread

Damn, I always miss it!

What the hell happened?

Who upset her?

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
I guess we were a lil unfair towards Lulu. She was only sharing her views and I think about 80% of us have also had similiar experience from MB so why so many hard words.

Thought we are a big family here to help other. Lets keep it together people

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I guess we were a lil unfair towards Lulu. She was only sharing her views and I think about 80% of us have also had similiar experience from MB so why so many hard words.

Thought we are a big family here to help other. Lets keep it together people

She spoke from the heart,,and many busy families live the same way as Lulu and her husband,, this really had no baring on the thread and the price charged by MB without asking or telling them first. No other trades benefit from an open cheque book when doing these things, MB should have notified them first,,this is what the post was all about really.

I am sending a PM tonight to her

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Thanks Malc,

Its not nice to have an upset member.

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
The real culprits--were the garage-if she had not shared the story then they will go on and on doing this to others--an outcome really needs to be posted by Lulu as a help for future members finding themselves in a similar position ?

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
I supported Lulu in my posts but she must accept that this is a forum and a range of opinions will be offered.

Sometimes it's good that someone takes "the other side" as it enables the next move of the "offending party" to be anticipated.

I hope Lulu continues to post and realise that we are all really trying to help.

I still think she should name this dealer as some (who have offered help and support) may use this dealer in future and we need to be warned.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom