M119 V8 rotor arm missfire

Krixplume

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 W140 500SE
Hi all, I've been having trouble with a missfire for a while now, I first thought it was the spark plugs but after changing them the problem persisted, I then narrowed it down to the rotor arms.

I will get a new pair soon to replace them but does anyone have any tips on how to fix this temporarily? As the car will sometimes cut out if I'm driving slowly whilst turning and it's becoming a nightmare

Any help and advice will be much appreciated :)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
There's no temporary fix for these once they start misbehaving.
If you change rotors I'd strongly recommend you change distributor caps at the same time.
If the rotor is worn the caps will be too and all a worn part with a new part does is wear the new part quicker. Only use Bosch or Febi parts.
While you have the rotors out remove the orange buckets behind them and coat the backs of them in silicone grease. It helps stop condensation related misfires.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom