M55 inlet motor pin data

Redwing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML320 V6 diesel 2009
Hi, have just got 15 codes on Ml320 cdi 09. in amongst these is reference to the m55 inlet motor. I have removed the motor to check the the flaps.All is free. Does anyone have the motor pin data? No. A642 150 03 94 Pierburg 4 pins
Is there anything a must to check?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DB autos

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sls in my dreams
What's wrong if it's not working just change it get extra linkage clip as you may drop one also blows fuse not all time

OP
R

Redwing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML320 V6 diesel 2009
Thanks for the reply. Needed a method of checking the motor before buying. The arm rotates freely against the return spring , you can hear the motor spinning and returns. I have read these motors fail. There was some oil from the turbo present. Do you know the location of the relevant fuse box and number?

Last edited:

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
You usually use star to test these. There is an actual value test and a component operation check. I would just check you have 12v to the motor at ign pos 2 and if you have, the motor is your fault. Personally I wouldnt even bother doing that. If its flagged a code, it aint working or is jammed.

Iangiulu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2003 om646
I think you have to knsert a 4.7 kohm resistence between the signal from the ecu and the +12v pin.

OP
R

Redwing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML320 V6 diesel 2009
Problem solved

Hi

Just bought new motor. Resistance between pins 2 and 3 is 1.394kOhm which is exactly the same as faulty unit!! However the return time when the actuating arm is rotated against the return spring is significantly different. New very fast, old very slow approx 2 seconds. Therefore excessive internal friction.Reassembled with new ball clips. Problem solved. Merc had all the parts in stock. Hmmmmmmmmm!
Thanks for all the replies.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom