Made my day

Peterbrake

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 250 CDI AMG Sport Shooting Brake 20136
I wash and semi detail my Tenorite grey CLS shooting brake once a week cos I enjoy doing it and I like driving a nice clean car, however I get pi$$ed off with passers by making wise cracks like your going to wear that car away etc, then tonight a lady walks past me as I was parking up and said I really appreciate your diligence in keeping your car look so lovely, I have always admired it. As I said it’s made my day.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I wash and semi detail my Tenorite grey CLS shooting brake once a week cos I enjoy doing it and I like driving a nice clean car, however I get pi$$ed off with passers by making wise cracks like your going to wear that car away etc, then tonight a lady walks past me as I was parking up and said I really appreciate your diligence in keeping your car look so lovely, I have always admired it. As I said it’s made my day.
I've never had that one but I know what you mean about the idiots with their very limited range of 'original' remarks, "You've missed a bit" grinds my gears :mad:

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
There's a young lad around the corner that washes an Audi RS4 every Sunday come what may, no matter what the weather. There's been snow & ice on the floor before now, & he still washes it. I'm guessing it's his Dad's

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
There's a young lad around the corner that washes an Audi RS4 every Sunday come what may, no matter what the weather. There's been snow & ice on the floor before now, & he still washes it. I'm guessing it's his Dad's

Of course the best time to wash a car is in the rain but who wants to do anything outside in the rain :rolleyes:

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Yep, get that regularly, not snide remarks as such, but comments, as I'm always cleaning mine, I just like a clean car, always have, I think it's partly because, they would really like a nice clean car, but can't be @rsed, that's my theory anyway. :)

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Most people who "worked" for something generally try quite hard to look after it. That my view when I see someone at cleaning their car,, I also feel that I could lend the same guy a bit of my kit, being fairly sure of 2 things. 1. It will come back in same order as went out. 2, the guy will likely have his own very shortly after. And not be looking mine every other weekend.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I used to get the same comment too from the same guy who used to walk by every time I washed the cars (I'm sure he would wait watching out his widow) 'You'll make it rain'........:mad: :rolleyes:

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I live in the country.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Most people who "worked" for something generally try quite hard to look after it. That my view when I see someone at cleaning their car,, I also feel that I could lend the same guy a bit of my kit, being fairly sure of 2 things. 1. It will come back in same order as went out. 2, the guy will likely have his own very shortly after. And not be looking mine every other weekend.
And as my Grandpa used to say ‘look after your possessions and you will go far’

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I get the same, comments in all forms.

Mostly all positive with people asking if I’m a professional, pleasant locals walking past saying positive things, the odd trader who still has to ask if I will sell the S70R etc. But it’s usually the odd idiot driving past who will say ‘it’s not a Ferrari’, ‘there’s more expensive cars in the area’.

A good comment I agree with above is, if you work for it and pay for stuff outright, then usually one looks after it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I find when people stop and chat , they are more surprised that both my cars are older than theirs but look new
It’s always nice when you get a compliment about how you look after your car(s) a couple of guys I play bowls with who had just parked next to my 10 year old S212 commented how it looked as though it had just come out of the showroom and was a credit to me - surprising how good that makes you feel so many people seem to diss that sort of behaviour in this highly consumerist existence we have nowadays.

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Its an increasingly throwaway world, and so many lease their cars and couldn't give a damn about them looking nice.

Plus, that we are all commenting on the detailing thread on the owners site are 2 good reasons why a clean car is worth it to us.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Its an increasingly throwaway world, and so many lease their cars and couldn't give a damn about them looking nice.

Plus, that we are all commenting on the detailing thread on the owners site are 2 good reasons why a clean car is worth it to us.
Standards buddy , standards :)

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom