Main beem seems to very high

torquewrench

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202 C220 1995 Elegance 100k
Hello again Gentlemen, just a small query, W202 1996 elegance the main beam on my trusted steed seems to be a little high. Is their a way of adjusting this without altering the main array as this seems fine no flashes from angry motorists. Though I wish other motorists were as considerate. The amount of cars I see on the road with out marker lights, brake lights, and the silly little Euroland boxes with six people in, large exhaust system THAT DO NOTHING BUT MAKE A NOISE, driving lamps on " CLEAR EVENINGS " THAT SEEM TO DO ANYTHING EXCEPT LIGHT THE ROAD Sorry this has turned into a rant, but non the less. Your guidance would be most appreciated

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If the car is sitting level, and unladen in the rear, then with the dash control at the highest setting they should be set so that the lights are at the max height.

Plenty of info around on how to adjust the lamps to MOT standards

wireman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
nice 201 2.5D 1993 & very nice 129 SL500 1994
If you have vacuum adjusted lights,

Don't forget to run the engine whilst adjusting the beam height or the vacuum belows that adjusts the lights will be set at the lowest possible position and will raise the lights when you start the engine.

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
The Headlight Vacuum dial should be set at "0", and the car unladen for normal use, when adjusting the lights.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom