Main Dealer Speeding in my Car!!!

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Not necessary for you to apologise for spouting bollocks, as you say, you're entitled to post anything you wish along with the rest of us.........:rolleyes:........nevertheless..........i accept your apology anyway. :lol:

Edit.............just noticed you're from Norfolk!........................that explains everything!!!!!!

Are Devonians or UK rejects something special then?

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
now now boys and girls - play nicely
blowpipe.gif

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
:rolleyes:this is going off topic again - gobble gobble gobble:):):)

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
Not necessary for you to apologise for spouting bollocks, as you say, you're entitled to post anything you wish along with the rest of us.........:rolleyes:........nevertheless..........i accept your apology anyway. :lol:
Phew! Thank you so much. You've no idea what this means to me. :roll:
Would you do me a favour please, next time I spout bollocks, please feel free to add your bit. You do it so well.
Edit.............just noticed you're from Norfolk!........................that explains everything!!!!!!
Not sure what the Norfolk reference is meant for? Please explain (in your usual eloquent way please), I only live here. :)

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
I forecast this thread will not beat the 850+ of the chipped one

carnut13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL400 & Audi A1 Sport
Ive just opened my copy of EVO and the "Letter of the Month" on page 48 is a rather familiar story about abuse of a readers car whilst in for a service ....a BMW M3!
Looks like anyone witha decent car needs to take special precautions:rolleyes:

Jensen

Reaction score
Very interesting thread........

I agree with such a high performance car no damage would have been done, but I would certainly check the tyres for undue wear and get these replace by the dealer free of charge.

I too would want to see the mechanic face to face to demand an explanation to hammer home the disappointment. Get reassurance from manager that this won't happen again and stick with the dealer and take compensation ie free servicing.

BUT MOST OF ALL I TOO WOULD BE INTERESTED TO HEAR THE OUTCOME

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
Let's put the shoe on the other foot for a minute before everyone lobs more stones from within their glass houses.

I have expressed views on the OP saga already but let's consider another view. How many of us have had loan cars in the past? I'm in one now in fact and that car is not owned by me but by the dealer. It is the quick model too and only a handful of miles on clock so not even run in. Do I.............

a) Drive it as if it were my own and cherish it, knowing that it is not really mine and will one day be sold on to a gullible punter, or

b) Drive it like I stole it, rag the ars of it, because it's not mine, knowing that I won't actually know the gullible punter who buys it so I don't actually care.

If we are honest, a fair few of us fall in to bracket (b) and as the cliche goes 'the fastest car in the world is one which doesn't belong to you'.

I know the dealer was wrong and irresponsible etc, but I really don't see much difference between them and us when it comes to driving cars which don't belong to us.

rovingHawk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK230K, Mondeo Estate, Blackbird
I really don't see much difference between them and us when it comes to driving cars which don't belong to us.
One's with full permission, the other is without.

RH

roadhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300D x2, C124 300
Interesting analogy with the loan car there but the essential difference is that they gave it to you to use. I'm sure somewhere in the small print it will say that you will look after it and treat it with care? You take your car to a dealer to be worked on not for them to give it a workout.

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
One's with full permission, the other is without.

RH

I have permission to use the loan car and the dealer trusts that I will look after it as well as backing it up with T&Cs.

The dealership has permission to use a customer car to carry out a road test, and we trust that the dealer will treat it accordingly. But that trust can be broken on both sides and that is the only point I am making here.

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
Interesting analogy with the loan car there but the essential difference is that they gave it to you to use. I'm sure somewhere in the small print it will say that you will look after it and treat it with care? You take your car to a dealer to be worked on not for them to give it a workout.

I agree, but we give them permission to use it too, either to fault find, or road test after.

They give us a loaner and yes the T&Cs are there but if I fancy 'seeing what it'll do mister' on the A3, and I don't get caught, no damage to the car etc then the dealership is none the wiser. I see mechanics thinking the same, particularly on the tastier motors.

ETA - Clause 3 on the MB T&C rules against speed testing etc and unreasonable use etc. It's all there in black and white but it doesn't stop us does it? (If we are honest)

Last edited:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom