Malcolms fix for CLK glovebox lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clkrichard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Cabriolet 2004, R 230 SL 500 2005, new A class AMG Sport.
Is anyone willing to post details (pics would be really good) of how they fixed their glovebox lid after being sent information on how to from Malcolm (Television) ?

OP
C

Clkrichard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Somehow I dont think MB will be willing to post the fix on here !
It doesnt really matter though does it as long as there is future access to it now Malcolm is no longer here ?

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
So...you are only looking for help from anyone who received help from Malcolm...?

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
So...you are only looking for help from anyone who received help from Malcolm...?
that's not what he said....he asked if anyone had this fix that malcolm had sent out .. You added the 'only looking for help from Malcolm' bit..... i am sure he would accept a fix from anyone who knew it...

grow up ...

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05

that's not what he said....he asked if anyone had this fix that malcolm had sent out .. You added the 'only looking for help from Malcolm' bit..... i am sure he would accept a fix from anyone who knew it...

grow up ...

Not quite what was said either? ...

Last edited:
OP
C

Clkrichard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Why do you guys have to get so political at the mere mention of Malcolms name ? This is killing the forum.
If you read properly and engage brain you will see that what I was suggesting was that we gather up some of the information previously given by Malcolm and park it somewhere accessible to members for future reference and use. He is no longer here so it just seemed sensible to tap into the experiences of the many hundreds he has helped. I think Miffy is thinking along similar lines.
We are meant to be like minded petrolheads gathering online to swap thoughts and ideas not some sort of vigilante group trying to expunge the memory of a former member who we shooed away because he upset someone.

OP
C

Clkrichard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mods I am going to back away from this now - you are your own worst enemies.
I was only trying to be helpful and once again this is being turned into a playground squabble about who said what and who meant what.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
If people are going to "quote" what others have said they need to be sure they get it correct.

Richard you are quite right to ask for some one who has done this to post back on how they got on. As to who's fix this is I'm sure we all know it originated from MB.

Thread closing as info is being posted on the original thread..

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Mods I am going to back away from this now - you are your own worst enemies.
I was only trying to be helpful and once again this is being turned into a playground squabble about who said what and who meant what.

Being helpful isn't a problem. Why not just ask for the fix...it's been done many times by many people...people are put off when they think there is only Malcolm's way or the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom