Malfunctions

stevie_ash

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate
Hi There,
I'm a newbie on here and to be honest didn't even know there was a Forum site like this !!
Coming back from Manchester Airport on tuesday night, I noticed a malfunction on the o/s indicator wing mirror, It rained constantly for a 2 hour trip to cumbria. Next day driving to the supermarket in dry weather the n/s main light intermittently started flashing and the o/s flasher packed in.
I have looked on the forum for similar problems and couldn't find anything.
Are these two things connected ? Also used wd40 all around the wiring and the mirrors.
How do you get the cover off the door mirror ?? Asked a million times !!
Oh by the way my car is a E class estate 03

Steve A.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Hi Stevie, and welcome, start a new thread in the Electrical section and I am sure you will get some clues as where to search pretty soon

Ooops, you did, I followed the wrong link hehe

Last edited:
OP
S

stevie_ash

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate
So do I take it to the dealership and get it checked ouy ??

Steve

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome to the forum :D:D I think that water or damp has got into a SAM ECU These are the only components that will give these silly faults.

You do not need a dealer for this, and a good indie could do the job.

In the first instance both front SAM's should be removed and the contact checked for any damp, these are in the front fuse control boxes

OP
S

stevie_ash

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate
Many thanks...will get onto it.

Steve

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom