Map updates for Comand APS

Chris43

Reaction score
Hia ll,
I have just acquired a 2007 CLS 320 Cdi which has the Comand APS system fitted. I have been using a TomTom One unit previously, as I didn't buy a Satnav unit when I bought my (then) new S Type Jag 10 years ago.
I'm not unhappy with the unit so far, and probably have much yet to learn. However, yesterday evening, I left home to go cross country to my daughter's place, not using navigation as I know the way like the back of my hand. I did, however have the map switched on, and was greatly surprised when it showed us as being in a large area without roads. Now this is only rural Buckinghamshire, between Amersham and Great Missenden, and from there across to Prices Risborough.
Can anyone tell me if there is a map update available which might solve this level of detail issue? and also as my car is still under manufacturers' warranty as well as having a Mercedes Approved 12 month warranty, does this include map updates?
I'd like to know before I start negotiations with the M-B dealer.....
Many thanks,
Chris

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The antenna or amp will have gone down,, look in and see how many satellites its picking up, the chances are it will be 0

OP
C

Chris43

Reaction score
Thanks, Malcolm, but I can't see how the system knew where we were unless it was receiving the signal. I didn't check the signal strength, because the unit knew where we were OK, just the roads were missing.
Am I missing something?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Could it have been the little people in Askett :D:D:D

OK If you had the map zoomed out too far that would have been the problem I think now on re reading your post, just alter the scale

OP
C

Chris43

Reaction score
Aaaah, maybe the light dawns....I have been used to the autozoom function on my Tomtom, and have just mugged up from the Comand to see that it doesn't do this. I'm going the same route tomorrow, so will change the zoom level and see if all is well.
Many thanks, indeed.
Chris
p.s. I know some little people in Askett....and a good Indian restaurant there..!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Aaaah, maybe the light dawns....I have been used to the autozoom function on my Tomtom, and have just mugged up from the Comand to see that it doesn't do this. I'm going the same route tomorrow, so will change the zoom level and see if all is well.
Many thanks, indeed.
Chris
p.s. I know some little people in Askett....and a good Indian restaurant there..!

Its a nice patch just there,,I had good friends in Chinnor, and have family in Amersham,,I lived in Berkhamsted for years. Yes the Indian restaurant is good.

Hope the Comand is OK :D:D

OP
C

Chris43

Reaction score
Thanks Malcolm, I do feel a bit stupid, as it was exactly as you suggested. I didn't have the right level of zoom to pick up the minor roads in that area. Comand is working fine, sp my panic is over.
Thanks again..

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Autozoom would be a nice feature in COMAND. :)

We have a TomTom in the family too and it's very awkward to "navigate" around its menus when on the move, whereas COMAND is much easier once you get familiar with it.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom