Matal swarf and oil

Blakey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Sport (12) Blueefficiency
Have you checked the condition of the hoses between your turbo, intercooler and inlet manifold? I had similar symptoms with the revs throttling back when testing my car after changing the intercooler hoses. I loosened the hose to the inlet manifold for access and forgot to reconnect it. The result was the symptoms you describe. Check there. Also, does your engine have an EGR valve? that could have failed.

OP
S

stu2009

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 112 cdi
The hoses are good. There are no error codes for egr. I did take it off recently and clean it. Its operation seemed ok.

OP
S

stu2009

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 112 cdi
I have dismantled the engine today and can not find anything wrong with it. I had the injectors function tested as well and the high pressure fuel pump, all ok.
It seems a shame to have to scrap it. Its only done 110k with only one owner before me. Its had no expense spared on maintenance oil changed every 3k, new pads disks, 4 tyres and and air con repaired at cost of £500 in last 3 months. Its been to 4 different garages and it looks like this is the end of the road.
Thanks to all of you for your advise you have been most generous.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom