May's speech

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
So, a magnetic letter fell off. She had a cough that she battled through and a prankster handed her a fake P45.

People are asking is it time for her to step down after this calamity.
I'm no fan but the media are focusing on these facts instead of political issues when we are at the biggest changes for generations.
Get a grip and look at the big picture instead of a dot on the fabric.
Even the ones that are not gutter press have lost the plot.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I think Boris should stand down before Theresa after his comments in Libya....

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I think Boris should stand down before Theresa after his comments in Libya....

Attention, any attention just as long it's attention.
The thought of that over grown spoilt school boy leading the UK makes me shudder.

I'm not the biggest fan of TM either but at least she demonstrates a sort of pride.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
So, a magnetic letter fell off. She had a cough that she battled through and a prankster handed her a fake P45.

People are asking is it time for her to step down after this calamity.
I'm no fan but the media are focusing on these facts instead of political issues when we are at the biggest changes for generations.
Get a grip and look at the big picture instead of a dot on the fabric.
Even the ones that are not gutter press have lost the plot.

The trouble is, those sorts of things are enough to make or break a career in and of themselves. The media have totally lost the plot- if ever they had it in the first place.

worldbiker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 SL320
The first problem is that newsprint is dying and online news, which is replacing it, has thousands of sources all vying for the same market. For that reason the press must MAKE the news, not just report it.

The second problem is that, due to the growth of online news, any reporting must be delivered in as few punchy words as possible so as to keep the attention of the person reading it. So it's all about simplification and headline grabbing.

So the era of the press keeping the public informed is long gone.

And don't even get me started on the BBC.

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
Agree with all so far.

I more than agree with all so far.
The BBC HAS LOST THE PLOT!
Trouble is that there is a TV schedule to fill and "news" is generated to fill that slot.
There is no need for 24 hours news.
Just close the news channels down until there is a really important newscast to make...or watch Aljazeera English !

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
What did the BBC do?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Or the ITV come to that ?

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Didn't they all focus/mention the problems (cough, P45, letter F)? But I'm sure I heard plenty about the speech too. Her apology drew strong applause.

If the press was to ignore the sensational would Trump get any coverage at all?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Didn't they all focus/mention the problems (cough, P45, letter F)? But I'm sure I heard plenty about the speech too. Her apology drew strong applause.

If the press was to ignore the sensational would Trump get any coverage at all?

That last sentence rather belies the point doesn't it? Trump bypasses the press to make his own announcements via Twitter, specifically to avoid press bias/ sensationalism. (if there's a difference between the two).

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
That last sentence rather belies the point doesn't it? Trump bypasses the press to make his own announcements via Twitter, specifically to avoid press bias/ sensationalism. (if there's a difference between the two).
But it still gets reported and sensationalised.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.

It seems to belie the point...but, the sensationalism is the news...it's unheard of in a US President and can't be ignored. It's quite sensational the way he spoke about the PR mayor of San Juan and the people of the island.

Painter16

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl350 2007
This is all so stupid ,I'm not her biggest fan by a long way ,but them tories asking her to step down just don't like her anyway ,got nowt to do with her speech ,and I think we should be more concerned on how that moron manage to get that close to her in the first place all very haha ,not,what if he had a knife or gun there ,didn't see anyone rush to stop him straight away,and so she had a cough so what ,

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Was it a cough? I thought she was choking on her upcoming apology!

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
I'm no Tory...but the BBC needs to look carefully at some of its coverage of the Theresa May speech.Its Assistant Political Editor Norman Smith,whose contributions I normally enjoy, is getting more and more shouty and his pieces on yesterdays 1pm News smacked of tabloid hysteria - almost willing a ****** political coup to happen. Those of us who admire the BBC do so largely because of its more measured approach. I speak as a former journalist...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom