MB ‘B’ service price differences

Munkimafia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLA 45 AMG 03/2015
Hi all,
Have to book my GLA 45 in for a B service. My local centre is Weybridge and they are quoting £870, vs a quick run down the A3 to Portsmouth and it’s £640! Anyone have experience if whether it’s worth asking them to price match or is it wasted effort? I’ve got 2 yrs if warranty left so assume I have to use MB service to keep it in tact. Any advice for a Merc newcomer gladly received! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
I'm always amazed at the cost of a B service.

That's no more than £250 worth of OE parts an labour with a Star session thrown in.

Mercedes B service
Services Performed:
  1. Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement
  2. Oil Filter Replacement
  3. Cabin Dust/Combination Filter Replacement
  4. Brake Fluid Exchange
  5. All Fluid Level Checks & Corrections Are Dependent On Factory-Recommended Service Intervals For Your Vehicle's Year & Model.
  6. Tire Inflation Check & Correction
  7. Brake Component Inspection
  8. Reset Maintenance Counter
Mercedes-Benz B-Service adheres to all required elements listed by model year and specific model as indicated on the corresponding service sheet for Mercedes-Benz Maintenance Systems

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Its the additional items based on time/mileage that add costs onto a B service, so you must ensure you are comparing like for like.

You do not need to use MB Main dealer to keep the warranty intact, any indie that uses MB genuine parts and updates the digital service book, will keep your warranty intact.

Last edited:

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Never a good argument for NOT asking for a price match.
After all, what is the downside?

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Simples - head for Portsmouth, just look on here for the very positive comments members have left about indie service there!!

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Its the additional items based on time/mileage that add costs onto a B service, so you must ensure you are comparing like for like.

Additional items applies to any vehicle servicing,
to give off the cuff quotes of £800 on the B service base items is extortionate.
imho
Still it pays for those nice show rooms and free cups of coffee I suppose.
;)

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Additional items applies to any vehicle servicing,
to give off the cuff quotes of £800 on the B service base items is extortionate.
imho
Still it pays for those nice show rooms and free cups of coffee I suppose.
;)

I agree completely, I missed that they had quoted £800 straight away!

I always quote £250 + optional items. As long as the car has been serviced properly, it tends to be the B service that gets the additional items, as you know, most are every 4 years etc.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I see more people out of the workshops than in them which leads to a very expensive service in your MB dealership.

With workspace my mantra was always the bigger the office and the tool boxes the less likely to succeed.

OP
M

Munkimafia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLA 45 AMG 03/2015
I got the quotes from the Merc service tool, that’s partly why is was so surprised at the variance between dealers. I guess it’s down to labour costs in different areas, and the running costs of service centres. Can’t say I’m surprised my local centre at MB World in Brooklands is the highest! So as long as the indie uses MB parts, and updates the digital service book then no issues with warranty? I guess the other benefit of using MB is you get road side assistance for the year. Having never personally needed to call them out, does anyone have experience of whether it’s worth taking into account vs RAC/AA cost?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I got the quotes from the Merc service tool, that’s partly why is was so surprised at the variance between dealers. I guess it’s down to labour costs in different areas, and the running costs of service centres. Can’t say I’m surprised my local centre at MB World in Brooklands is the highest! So as long as the indie uses MB parts, and updates the digital service book then no issues with warranty? I guess the other benefit of using MB is you get road side assistance for the year. Having never personally needed to call them out, does anyone have experience of whether it’s worth taking into account vs RAC/AA cost?

It's almost certainly cheaper to get a policy out with AA/RAC, many people get breakdown assitance as a perk of their bank account etc.

The Mobilo breakdown cover is provided by the RAC anyway.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom