MB w205 C180 2015 Sunroof tilt problem

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
It was a micro switch within the main locking mechanism.

Not surpisingly the mechanism is fairly complex, switches, a motor, a solenoid, dead lock, child lock.......
Anyway the micro switch that is caused to go closed circuit on 2nd latch (door closed signal) was reading 7 ohms, after some working it dropped to negligable resistance and then the Viano recognised the door as closed and allowed for fob locking.
Not reliable as the switch showed evidence of being saturated with WD40 (my doing due to previous issues) this stuff can insulate contact points.
I've looked through over 2,000 switches on RS and there's nowt the same, so a more permanent fix is under consideration.

If any 639 owners could benefit from a layout of the wiring within the door (n/s but o/s should be similar, but possible differing colours) I've created an xl record.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I'm using a Vito w/o electric side doors so it isn't under continual test.
But the issue hasn't recurred.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom