mechanic needed please for cash reward

B

bounceaway

i have a 2001 ml270 cdi with a suspect sticky inlet valve and i need the head removing so i can send it off to be recon...then require it replacing.

is there any mechanic out there who can do a job in the huddersfield west yorkshire area,domestic garage and various tools are available or can be borrowed but very much welcome bringing your own...cash in hand for your time.....i have a good level of mechanical skills but not sure about the timing chain on this engine and dont want to mess it up but if need be happy to work with anyone that knows their way around a ml 270cdi engine.

manythanks in advance :)

Cosworth

Reaction score
Are you sure you want to remove the head, have you checked to see if the inlet manifold flaps are ok.

kebo57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270
i have a 2001 ml270 cdi with a suspect sticky inlet valve and i need the head removing so i can send it off to be recon...then require it replacing.

is there any mechanic out there who can do a job in the huddersfield west yorkshire area,domestic garage and various tools are available or can be borrowed but very much welcome bringing your own...cash in hand for your time.....i have a good level of mechanical skills but not sure about the timing chain on this engine and dont want to mess it up but if need be happy to work with anyone that knows their way around a ml 270cdi engine.

manythanks in advance :)
Hi you need to get the WIS for this from Malcolm it will explain with diagrams & written instructions you might then feel that you could attempt this solo

Kevin

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi you need to get the WIS for this from Malcolm it will explain with diagrams & written instructions you might then feel that you could attempt this solo

Kevin

Yes I can print off what ever you need :D:D

OP
B

bounceaway

thanks for reply.........not sure what else to do....the inlet has been removed and all was ok flaps intact etc not really that clogged up either,gave it a clean before refitting and also can see the rods working when you rev it up so servo must be ok.

OP
B

bounceaway

any help would be much appreciated,i could then study it,thankyou

kebo57

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270
any help would be much appreciated,i could then study it,thankyou
Hi so it’s back to the "sticky inlet valve" diagnosis
Why do you think its that
What are the symptoms leading to this diagnosis?
Inlet manifold malfunction might have showed up on star diagnosis

Kevin

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have sent you 1 paper,you must let me know of any others that you may need

OP
B

bounceaway

on idle its a mist of black smoke and also when you give it a quick blip of revs it smokes but if you rev it up and hold it their to anything over 3500rpm it clears and doesnt smoke and does not missfire either...until it idles again.
bearing in mind it has had 5 new injectors.
the only fault read was number 3 injector open connection.

OP
B

bounceaway

hi and thanks for reply.....on idle there is a mist of black smoke but when you rev it up 3500rpm and over and hold it there it is almost clear.
i had it compression tested and they said all 5 cylinders were below 10bar...but the car starts first time every time no problem at all(not the signs of low compression on a diesel i would say)
anyway they were itching to take engine in bits but i said no.
its had 5 new injectors.
on the tech machine it just comes up injector 3 open curcuit.
like its over fueling to counter fault.
thats where i am up to.
plus it has a slight miss fire on idle too but reved up it goes with the smoke.

OP
B

bounceaway

hi and thanks for reply.....on idle there is a mist of black smoke but when you rev it up 3500rpm and over and hold it there it is almost clear.
i had it compression tested and they said all 5 cylinders were below 10bar...but the car starts first time every time no problem at all(not the signs of low compression on a diesel i would say)
anyway they were itching to take engine in bits but i said no.
its had 5 new injectors.
on the tech machine it just comes up injector 3 open curcuit.
like its over fueling to counter fault.
thats where i am up to.
plus it has a slight miss fire on idle too but revd up it goes with the smoke.

Top Bottom