Media problem

Mike Gibb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 220d
I have a 2016 Cla 220 d. I have transferred most of my music collection onto a memory stick to use in the car. However this is proving a problem as most times that I leave the car I return to the message "no device found". I then have to remove the memory stick from the USB port and plug it back in. At that stage I am back to the same first song and not what I had been listening to earlier. Is this normal or is there anything I can do to rectify this problem?

CBR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 SE Auto/2019/1497
Did you ever get to the bottom of this ? I have the same problem.

I had been using smaller capacity USB sticks for different sorts of music and they always worked perfectly. Now I have one bigger USB and it does exactly what yours does.

OP
M

Mike Gibb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 220d
Hi No sorry no one came up with an explanation. Guess it is just a problem with this type of system

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I have transferred most of my music collection onto a memory stick. However this is proving a problem as most times that I leave the car I return to the message "no device found". I then have to remove the memory stick from the USB port and plug it back in.

Is this normal or is there anything I can do to rectify this problem?

no one came up with an explanation.

really?, I thought that was what my link was saying...

this its a known issue. My BMW using a USB 64gig stick couldn't do it without having regular moments. Its the file structure, not the speed of the memory in use that's the issue. One day would work inside 20 seconds and behave, others it would go on strike for 20 to 30 mins. Sometimes it started the day OK, then had a moment if you stop for petrol or vice versa.

my suggestion is to put the music on a device intended to do the job, (not a PC memory stick) an ipod or modern phone, structures the files differently and the car can cope easily.

The happy clappy lot on another forum all came back saying its total rubbish and never an issue on a Ford. Then the OP having bought a fast hard drive on their recco explained he was having all the issues I said he would, (that he's also had on a USB stick).

My 180gig ipod works within 5 seconds and always allows navigation through its menus without a glitch. Its got exactly the same files (full fat .wav) that the USB stick had. On the ipod its a setting in iTunes. I didn't want MP3 (no one should) or Flac as that's far less compatible with other devices.

OP
M

Mike Gibb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 220d
Sorry Botus. I hadn't realised that your message was a link. I will give that a try. Thanks for your advice.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom