MegaFactory

robertjrt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500L 2001, gone but, never forgotten
I have just enjoyed watching "MegaFactories" on the National Geographic channel about the AMG facility which produces the SLR "gullwing".

With the attention to detail, advanced engineering and a fully trained workforce it was a joy to watch; so why do so many go wrong?:shock:

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
I don't think they do. Jd Power and most large reputable surveys are consistently showing Mercedes well up in customer ratings. Even the A class has been rated best medium car -with 5 stars- by Which magazine. And the B class was top of its class in the 2010 Jd Power. The E class was in the top ten last year out of 100 or so cars surveyed.

By the way, tonight is the last night that the Megafactories programme is available on SkyPlus Anytime. I agree it was fascinating to watch.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
go to any marque supporters forum and you will see problem after problem, it stands to reason that we will see more of the bad things than the good things.

I was quite surprised at the relaxed way the factory works, unlike some other car production lines that I have seen on TV.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have just enjoyed watching "MegaFactories" on the National Geographic channel about the AMG facility which produces the SLR "gullwing".

With the attention to detail, advanced engineering and a fully trained workforce it was a joy to watch; so why do so many go wrong?:shock:

They may forget to paint them properly, or the quality of some materials used suspect, the engineering side is so good, but all spoilt by cheap metals.. The AMG section has no control over the bodies that MB give them

Top Bottom