Memory seats

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Does anyone know which actual part of the set up provides the 'memory' ? Is it the control for adjusting the seats ( on the door in my S class ) or something on the seat itself ? Im really missing the memory function and looking into retro fitting if possible

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Does anyone know which actual part of the set up provides the 'memory' ? Is it the control for adjusting the seats ( on the door in my S class ) or something on the seat itself ? Im really missing the memory function and looking into retro fitting if possible
Memory is in the door control module AIUI.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Soooo i shud be able to retro fit one then pal , yes ?
Should be able to yes. The giveaway connectors in the harness should exist.

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
cool , will get searching for a 2nd hand one then , will it be plug n play ??

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Not a chance it will be plug and play, I'm sure a load of coding will be needed especially on the CL, my be best to have a chat with command online, have you vin number to hand and they should be able to say exactly is needed

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
cool , will get searching for a 2nd hand one then , will it be plug n play ??
I don’t know chap. From what I understand of the electronic architecture- and someone with Star WIS might be more help than I- it runs something like this.

Door control module holds the memory.
Seat control module controls seat.
Window switch pack controls window(s).

Both SCM and WCM communicate with DCM which sits on the CANBUS, to SAM which then sends control impulse to window, mirror, seat etc.

MB typically go for as few harness variants as possible (harness variants for each model of car can run into the hundreds for each specific harness, if not careful) so within each harness there are many giveaway connectors. These usually just get taped down during installation so the ones you want should be there. It’s more likely that they will be there on the body harness than the door harness, so you may need a new door harness.

The door card is different for with/ without memory pack so you’ll need new door cards.

The floor tracks are common as seat runners are common.

The door metal is common and mounting studs shouldn’t change.

So, theory goes, you should be able to:

Remove seat (ensuring key is out of car and locked in a metal box if klg).

Remove door card.

Remove switch packs.

Peplace DCM with memory pack variant. Possibly replace door harness to body.

Replace seat with memory variant. NB. you’ll need the one with manual lumbar support I guess as you won’t have PSE fitted..?

Replace door card with memory seat variant, including SCM.

Finally- fit a fuse in the correct position for memory seats if required!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not a chance it will be plug and play, I'm sure a load of coding will be needed especially on the CL, my be best to have a chat with command online, have you vin number to hand and they should be able to say exactly is needed
It’s not the CL, they get memory seats as standard and he’s selling it.

That’s a good point though, what car is it? S klasse get memory seats as std too!

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
its not for the CL pal , that's fully tooled up , its the S-class ive bought , very stingey spec

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You astonish me sir. I’ve never seen any S Class without memory seats. I didn’t even know it was possible to order one in that spec.

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It’s not the CL, they get memory seats as standard and he’s selling it.

That’s a good point though, what car is it? S klasse get memory seats as std too!
S320 cdi , its got bugger all on it for a car of its class pal , not even got factory xenons !

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
the main thing with this car was its been maintained to a great standard , the lack of kit is just an irritant but some of the things it hasn't got did come as a surprise pal

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
the main thing with this car was its been maintained to a great standard , the lack of kit is just an irritant but some of the things it hasn't got did come as a surprise pal

Probably someone pushed to their limits, wanting to get the highest model instead of a lower model with toys for the same price.
Someone like that will likely look after their investment more than someone with the money to throw at it but not the desire to keep it pristine.

Top Bottom