Merc B Class (2006) - Peeling Door sticker

ap6

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc B Class B170 Auto (56 plate)
Having had my B class for 4 years, we've noticed that over the past 12 months the black sticker on the driver door panel (on the window edge opposite the hinges) has started to peel away :cry:

Is there anything i can do to rectify this as it looks very unsightly. I've tried cleaning away the old adhesive and rebonding with high stregth glue but to no avail.

I've also noticed the exact same problem on other similalry aged B classes.

Does anyone have any advice or indeed the costs of getting a new sticker put in place by a dealer (or maybe even how to do it yourself)

OP
A

ap6

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Per MB main dealer the part is only £6.20 + VAT
However, waiting (and have been for the last 4 hours) for them to come back to me with a price for fitting.

Would do it myself but not sure I'd do a neat job with the sticket having to go behind the window and door trim.

Will try and keep you poste don any costs.

In the meantime, tips from anyone that has had it done or knows how to do it yourself would be much appreciated

OP
A

ap6

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just got off of phone with the delaer and the fitting privce is £50 + VAT

Not the cheapest, but guess it'll be a professional job

FYI - you need to ask for the "B pillar sticker"

So all in fitted will be £66.04 !

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I did read your first post, but I had no input,, you could ask any body shop to fit it,,it could be a lot cheaper

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
This is fairly easily fitted if you know the procedure..some people just stick it straight on and it works..but to do it properly you need to use soapy water..warm is good.. and a squeege to get all the water from under the sticker.. Try one of the guys who do the vinyl decals ...they will fit them for you and do a neat job for less money..

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
I use a heat gun, just slowly warm it before removing, they come off easy then!

wawaweewa

Reaction score
i have the exact same problem with my 9 years old A Class...

i didn't think about turning to one of these workshops who cover whole cars with printed foils..

are you sure that the this plastic stickers are attached using soapy water ?

doesnt they come with glue on one side like cello-tape ?

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
They do come with glue on the back yes..but if you try and fit them direct without knowing how to do it they will stick fast and you will ruin them.. The vinly sticky guys use soapy water or methalyated spirits and water to apply the large decals as they can be a bugger to get right..
Just dip the sticker in a bowl of water , fit it up adjust it to fit.. use a soft plastic or rubber spatula..or even and old credit card and working out from the centre squeeze all the bubbles out from under the decal...finish off all the edges and you can use a hairdryer to get the decal to stick into the nooks and crannies.. a rub over with a soft cloth towel or microfibre and its fitted..

wawaweewa

Reaction score
thanks. i am going for the vinyl solution.

any idea how to clean the old stickers glue leftovers ?

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
This is one of those jobs that sounds expensive from the dealer (really just 30 mins labour charge) but I wouldn't attempt it myself. Even if I did as good a job as the dealer, I'd know about the defects and slight imperfections. Getting someone else to do it and you'll always see it in a better light. That said, a local bodyshop would probably sort it for £30 all in and give the same result. I'd get the supplier to fit it though because that way, if they wreck the sticker, they're responsible for sorting it. If you supply, it's probably at your own risk.

Top Bottom