appledore

Reaction score
Website
www.appledore-packaging.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C250 SPORT CDI 2012
Hi,
I wonder if somebody could help me.
I've just noticed a rather annoying humming buzzey sound when i drive my car, it starts ok no error lights r flashing up, but after a few mins i get this noise, when i get out of the car to listen where it is comming from it sounds like the rear of the car on the drivers side by the back wheel, my brother kicked the wheel and the noise drooled and i thought it stop, but it has come back. Any suggestions, i don't think it is serious as no warning lights are flashing up.
Any help would be appreciated. Automatic, 67K miles on clock, just had a B service 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
No it cant be serious ........ then again, there is'nt any warning lights for when a wheel is about to fall off !!

Time to shuffle below, and get dirty !

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I cannot think what it could be at the rear unless it s the pump in the tank

OP
appledore

appledore

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
C250 SPORT CDI 2012
noise comes on when running, starts about 1 min after running, could it be when i press brake pedal ?
Service was done 26th sept 2009, my friend works at merc garage and only uses genuine parts, engine oil low ash, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter. noise was there before service, didn't mention it to friend as i forgot.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There is nothing on the brakes to make a noise, not on a C class unless you have a heat shield touching the exhaust.

So it does not do it when the car is still and not moving

MB Service Centre

Reaction score
Website
www.mbservicecentremansfield.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A210 E320
Have had this bofore and i think the diagnostic tech renewed the pair of sender units in the fuel tank, but i am sure i got it the next day and i put fuel filter on it and it cured it. Cant be anything to do with brake.

OP
appledore

appledore

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
C250 SPORT CDI 2012
when car is first started up no noise after 1 min humming buzzey noise coming from fuel tank area when i listen outside the car. once car is still the noise is still present until i turn off engine. hope this all makes sense, if you suggest sender units in fuel tank can ask mechanic friend to do it. Do u have any idea on cost ?
Thanks for all your help you clever fellas !
Tracy

OP
appledore

appledore

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
C250 SPORT CDI 2012
Ok thanks for all your help and info will take car to friend tomorrow and let him know suggestions.
big thank you for all your help, nite nite logging off now.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ok thanks for all your help and info will take car to friend tomorrow and let him know suggestions.
big thank you for all your help, nite nite logging off now.

Sleep well sweet heart :cool::cool:

MB Service Centre

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
A210 E320
You most welcome, i would start with fuel filter first as have had it bofore where that has fixed it, and its something you can rule out by yourself, if you go for the sender units you need both sides and poss on your 5th or 6th attempt the right ones might come from mb, had this problem with our parte dpt so many times.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

MB Service Centre

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
A210 E320
To be able to post here without breaking rules through copyright reasons we use this old EPC that is good for up to 2006

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb0.asp?TP=1

Make a note of it so handy on these things

There is a comercial version to Rob

Cheers mate, will have a look at it, having my own workshop and not being in main dealer anymore its good to have diff refrence programmes.:razz:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom