Merc Dealership Wholesale Discount?

Mercs320

Reaction score
We have a big job being done by our Main dealership. We have been loyal customers and im getting a bit brassed off that parts they supply aren't discounted to us.

I'm loyal in bringing you my business and I feel im bending over and spreading them (to be polite!)

I can walk in to the dealership in the next town and buy one of the parts for £1977.60 (inc vat). The dealership are charging me the same price. Come on guys play fair!

I want some movement on the price of the parts. What type of wholesale discount do dealerships gets from buying parts from Mercedes. Our dealer is the third biggest Merc Dealership in the UK.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
We have a big job being done by our Main dealership. We have been loyal customers and im getting a bit brassed off that parts they supply aren't discounted to us.

I'm loyal in bringing you my business and I feel im bending over and spreading them (to be polite!)

I can walk in to the dealership in the next town and buy one of the parts for £1977.60 (inc vat). The dealership are charging me the same price. Come on guys play fair!

I want some movement on the price of the parts. What type of wholesale discount do dealerships gets from buying parts from Mercedes. Our dealer is the third biggest Merc Dealership in the UK.
Some dealerships will give you 10% off parts for showing MBO membership

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Unless this is just a gripe - and that's both justified and understandable with current constraints - this is not really the place to argue a discount.
Your Merc dealership is.

Have you actually asked for a discount?
You certainly won't get one if you don't, but dealerships often meet you part way if you go for it.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Maybe time to find a good Indy with cheaper labour costs

OP
M

Mercs320

Reaction score
Its aimed at somebody who might know more than us. Perhaps there is a dealership costing person on the forum???

I have asked them for a cheaper quote. Using the reasons stated above. They have come back with 10%. I just don't think/feel its enough. Ive asked them to go back and look at it again.

We have 2 indies in our area but the are soooooo busy its very hard to get the vehicle repaired within a timely fashion. We cant have this car out of action for anything up to 3 weeks before an Indie can fit us in. Very sad as they are both very highly rated companies on this forum.

But to put this into context in our business my wholesale purchase and resale mark up is 33% on 90% of our product. I discount up to 22% when pushed by clients. A lot more that the 10% im being offered.

This isn't a gripe. We are seeking advice

Last edited:

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
I was offered a 12% discount through MB Grangemouth when i inquired about a set of engine mounts for my CLS.

How much % were you realistically hoping for ?

I am afraid loyalty doesnt equate to a mega discount, as i go to Morrisons almost every day but still pay the same for my shopping as the person who pops in once a week.

Kenny

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I think it’s also part dependant. I’ve had c30% off brake components
My local indy was a bit miffed when he found out as that’s the discount he would get from his local Inchcape , and he’s supposed to make something from that, plus his labour. I’m guessing that’s your point here...

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
A lot depends whether the parts you want are on the shelf, if so the dealer can afford a bigger discount against having to order in a specific part which costs the dealer more due to handling and delivery etc.

I also get the feeling that the MB franchisers are becomIng more competitive on price/discounting especially with mail order or through EBay which is a good thing much better to fit genuine/OEM parts.

Dealer premium on parts has always been so and is a bit gauling especially with the high hourly rates charged by some and no loyalty discount of course, mind you there is the 10% discount with MB for being a member on the other side

Last edited:

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Although your first post stated that you are not getting any discount, your later post indicates that your chosen dealer has actually offered you 10%.

Guess an overall 10% is par for the course from an MB dealership.

Binnedit

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 W216
Typically motor dealerships (average over most franchises) make a profit margin of 23-25%, before costs such as wages, e-parts catalogue charges from the franchise, heat & light etc etc.

I would suggest if you are getting a 10% discount, they are probably not making much money from what they supplying to you.

A licence to print money, it aint.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I agree, as others have said, its highly dependent on the part you are buying. If its something you can only buy from MB then they can make up their pricing (and often do).

Take V12 coilpacks for example. In the UK, best I can get them from an MB dealer is £1300 delivered. In the UK nobody else sells them.

In the USA, there are a few suppliers of these. All supplied by Temic, which also supplies MB, MB USA sell these packs for $1020 as they have competition!

Brakes, service parts etc, can often be had with a big discount if you ask. Recently did brakes all round for my mum 204, and the cost was slightly LESS than Pagid ECP.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I think MB Germany offer the biggest discount to their franchise (which isn't much) so the Main dealers have very little margin for a big discount to the Indys and even less for clubs etc, and then Joe Public is left with the full price. Sounds reasonable but as long as I get discount I don't care :D

OP
M

Mercs320

Reaction score
10% is the max they could give and we are gutted.

Through a BMW driver (of all people) we have found an Merc/BMW INDIE out of town who can fit us in mid April which will give us a £700 saving over Merc dealer.

Husband has had to crack open the MaCallan to cope with his baby going somewhere else for a repair.

We have found excellent reviews of the INdIE on this forum so fingers crossed.

It's like going to a new dentist

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We have found excellent reviews of the INdIE on this forum so fingers crossed.

It's like going to a new dentist
Let's hope the Indy doesn't put his fingers in your mouth :rolleyes: . Glad you have found a good Indy to do the work cheaper

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Husband has had to crack open the MaCallan to cope with his baby going somewhere else for a repair

Wouldn't worry about it, most indys will give much better service than a dealer and they can do it cheaper because they don't charge £120 +VAT an hour for labour.

What are you having done???

OP
M

Mercs320

Reaction score
Several things. The big job is fuel tank has cracked!

Replace seal of some kind and an oil change

Ken_R

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2006 C230 Estate
Several things. The big job is fuel tank has cracked!

Replace seal of some kind and an oil change

You've been given a link to a firm in Preston that repairs, quote, Diesel Fuel Tanks, on another thread. Have you not followed that up?

Admittedly, the majority of their work in this area will come from the Commercial sector where vehicle tanks have been punctured by most likely, 'persons who inhabit caravans':cool:, but I can't see any reason why they couldn't also repair a tank from a car. Admittedly, they'd probably need to see the tank in situ beforehand in order to assess any 'critical clearance' issues.;)

Ken_R

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2006 C230 Estate
It must be me!:( I know it is a Bank Holiday and people go away but, that is two threads on essentially the same subject where I have contributed and the OP has failed/neglected to respond.:rolleyes:

Perhaps I need to change my deodorant?:)

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom