merc keys

deacon

Reaction score
Please can any one tell me if there is any one in England that cuts and programs merc keys other than merc, having spoken to a friend of mine who works for merc they require all documentation and other proof of whom
you are then charge a ****** fortune for it, so is it a myth
that there is some one out there that cuts & programs all these keys that are for sale E bay.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The only person that I know of is Mark who is a member here

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Whilst in the dealers this morning I overheard a customer being told that all keys are now only coded in Germany, dealers can no longer do this?

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
I thought that was the way it was done anyway, we couldnt do them at the dealer???

JonnyCJ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350 Grand Edition 2011, ML350 Sport 2010, VW Splitscreen 1965
Yep - believe that's true. Keyless go keys are the same price as ordinary at £227 ish.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Whilst in the dealers this morning I overheard a customer being told that all keys are now only coded in Germany, dealers can no longer do this?

Surely this has been the case for a long time,

Mark@RMK

Reaction score
Website
www.replacementmercedeskeys.co.uk
Your Mercedes
115CDi Vito
Hello :)

Keys can be made where ever you are in the UK.

CAREFULL with keys on ebay. The newer type Mercedes key CANNOT BE REPROGRAMMED.

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I thought that was the way it was done anyway, we couldnt do them at the dealer???

Exactly the only reason the dealers ask for the car is to delete the old one and charge for the privilege, all you need do with any new key is to put it in the ignition and press any button twice within 5 seconds

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I hope that any one who gives you a replacement key asks for proof of identity and ownership.

Mark@RMK

Reaction score
Website
www.replacementmercedeskeys.co.uk
Your Mercedes
115CDi Vito
Should I ask to see Birth certificates as well?

The news style Mercedes keys made by Huff have a none readable processor, unless your Mercedes and then you can do whatever you want!

And when people sell stuff as "unprogrammed" it comes pre programmed from Germany. So unless they can prove it reads 21DF it's useless.

But what do I know hey?

Mark

J

jetjockey

Merc replacement key fob.

Hello

Just like to offer my thanks to Mark and his colleague for sorting out my year 2004 E class keyfob woes yesterday evening.

My key fob had gone intermittent two weeks ago, and then died a death a few days ago. In addition to dicky switches, the key fob had developed an appetite for batteries. It would also only open the car when standing right next to it.
My spare key fob worked perfectly proving the car side of the system to be ok.

I obtained a new / mint keyfob from a seller on EBay. It was a spare that had never been used due to the associated car being written off. This key had originally been supplied with a C class C 220 CDI (Year 2005). The key was identical to mine in form and function. It just would not work with my car of course. Wrong codes.

I supplied the old and the new key fob to Marks outfit and hey presto, the new key was up and running in very short order.

Total cost a fraction of what Mercedes wanted. There was no fuss, no duff info to try and charge extra, just an honest and rapid solution. Well done guys. :):):):)

Thanks, Gerald.

Last edited by a moderator:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom