Merc' Vs Audi

PeterCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 204 Elegance saloon 220 cdi
I switched from Audi's to Mercedes mainly because of the Audi dealer.
It was taken over by another Audi dealer and new staff were ignorant and arrogant.
Both Mercedes dealers I tried were friendly and helpful and I genuinely feel my present car is a class above the Audi's (as do the other members of my family who have driven both).

alan782

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi (211) avantgard estate zzr1400(2012)
I had an Audi A6 for 4 years, the car was fun to drive in the wet but not as smooth as my E320 cdi with Airmatic. The dealers in Poole i used to get my parts from were polite and attentive when i pulled up in the wifes new c class and ignored me when i arrived in my van or on my Kawasaki. Strange how they treat you even though the money is all the same.

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
BMW versus Merc!!!! no contest

Some owners like yogurt carton plastics:rolleyes: others enjoy wood & leather, I suppose its a matter of taste, but after owning 3 BMWs last one an E39 523ISE and having to have the engine replaced at 30k (nicasil probs),:( I then went on to own an E250 D 124 series Merc,this car was chalk and cheese for comfort and build quality compared to the BMW, I have only ever owned one AUDI a 100 in around 1979 it burned more oil than than a two stroke Wartburg, so never bought another. I now have another E Class and yes I have had one or two problems but mainly because the dealer is crap, but this car is far far superior in interior quality and feel than the BMW 525 that I looked at prior to buying the Merc.
All a question of taste;):cool:

Alfie B

EGBM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS 320 CDI
Very impressed with the interiors of MBs, have to say. Also would like to point out that my 79 Granada's got a better interior than a B*W and it's a damn sight comfier. ;)

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Very impressed with the interiors of MBs, have to say. Also would like to point out that my 79 Granada's got a better interior than a B*W and it's a damn sight comfier. ;)

Is that discounting any happy memories that the interior of the '79 Granada might hold? :rolleyes::Oops:;)

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT
ha ha HOW VERY DARE YOU!!!:lol:
so you had a Granada as well eh!!:rolleyes::Oops:

Alfie B

Phil D

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
previously W202 & W203
I've been fortunate enough to have had some great cars over the years, including (in my company car days) 3 Audis, 1 BMW & a Merc - a W202, followed 10 years later by a privately owned 203.
As I have said on a number of occasions, the 202 was the best of them by some margin.
However I really liked the Audis and the only real issue I had with them was the "just too late" attitude they had to supplying spare parts. The cars were pretty bullet proof and as a result dealers only ever held stocks of standard service parts & if you ever needed anything else the parts were on "back order" - after several years I discovered that this meant they were still in Germany!
The BMW - a 1998 520i was a great car, but the problem was that due to the number of BMW drivers who are total w**kers, other road users assume they all are and would treat them as such, never letting you out at junctions etc.
Whereas that attitude still exists to BMW drivers, I believe that Audi as a company, and Audi drivers have now assumed the aggressive mantle which was previously the domain of BMW
this brings me neatly back to Mercedes - never had any problem with other road users - or indeed the much maligned mercedes dealers, although that may well have been because they were making so much money from my warranty repairs on the 203 - which is the reason I would never buy another one

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom