Mercedes 2005 220cdi osf door mirror indicator

Jamie weeks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220cdi
the aforesaid indicator became intermittent and now has ceased to function,is it likely to be the wiring,this car has a one piece door card with no access panel,the mirrors fold in electrically,

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Welcome to the forum Jamie.
There is probably at least one wire broken in the harness leading from the door control module to the mirror indicator.

You need to disassemble the mirror and find the break, probably in the mirror hinge area to enable a fix.

The first video should help with the door mirror, the second in case you need to remove the door card.

OP
J

Jamie weeks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220cdi
Many thanks,gives me a start anyway

OP
J

Jamie weeks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220cdi
do the wires normally break within the mirror ? And will I be possibly be able to affect a repair by removing the cover ? Has anyone any pics of the common point where the wires break if there is one,many thanks

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
No photos but its usually where the mirror hinges that the wire(s) breaks. You may be able to do a repair with just the mirror cover removed but you'll be lucky.
I no longer have my mirrors set to fold on locking because at some point a wire will break. I've just repaired two in the harness that attaches to the boot hinge.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Before you start, I've got a 2005 CLK220CDi. It has never suffered from a broken wire but I did have to replace the LED indicator in the drivers mirror as it stopped working.

Russ

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom