Mercedes A Calss

Jankoria

Reaction score
Help
I am having problems my merc A class A160, Poor acceleration, starting problems etc. I was told it is te maf . Sent It away came back with
Maf part repaired. Installed it . Now the car does not start at all. the engine just spins. Any Help will be most appreciated.

Jan

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
IT needs to go on star to find out whats happening, sounds like they didnt send back you MAF/ecu as they are coded to the car and a wrong ECU wont allow the car to start.

jib

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
If it wasnt the correct ECU Jib, it would show "start error" on the dash and wouldnt turn over!

No amount of boot strapping will help this A,classes problems Andymerctech!!

Welcome to the forums!

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
^what he said.

OP
J

Jankoria

Reaction score
Hello Experts.
Boot's trapping is computer term meaning to load system files. Where am I
boots' trapping on the ECU. The engine turns and at a fair speed too.
I have more Information after talking to the ECU repair company. There were fault coes P0170 and P0130 when they tested it. P0170 fuel trim malfunction what does it mean in plain english.:confused:
P0130 is oxygen sensor ( lambda Sensor ) My thinking is if the lambda sensor is faulty or degraded the car should start before it can deliver any information to the ECU. then the ecu would correct the air/fuel ratio.
Any Help or advice most appreciated.
Thanks Jan

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
jan, those fault codes are indicative of a failing maf sensor - they back up the original diagnosis nicely. what response did you get from the 'ecu company' when you told them that the repaired ecu is worse than before? they certainly seem responsible for the non starting from what you have told us. you are right in thinking that it is nothing to do with the lambda sensor btw.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom