Mercedes A170cdi tiptronic gearbox fault

P

paul&hazell

Hi everyone, i'm new to this and know i've probably posted in the wrong section so any help is appreciated!! I have a fault on my A-class 51 plate 170cdi tiptronic. It went into F mode one day and i had it plugged in to find the fault. It seems to be the gearbox control valve module that is faulty. Merc wanted nearly £900 for the part alone so i managed to find a new one from Germany at £500. I was told it would come programmed with prefix 26 which Merc confirmed is what i needed however when the new module was fitted the car went dead, worse than before, it seems the unit is not programmed and Merc are useless at offering any help. Does anyone know if and how these modules can be programmed at this stage or any other help would be really appreciated. Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I am not very good with this car but when the F comes up it means that the shift valve Y3/7y5 is faulty,,if this fails to correct the fault then the VGS control unit

OP
P

paul&hazell

Thanks, the valves have all been checked and are all functioning. The fault seems to lie in the circuit board so looks like i need to buy a module at nearly £900!

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Your gearbox needs a new ECU, its bolted to the valve chest, they come coded to your chassis from germany. ECU I think is £1065 +vat + fitting.

Ive just broken a 2000 A190 with the same problem its not worth fixing in some cases.

jib

OP
P

paul&hazell

Thanks for the info. i've given in and ordered one from Merc!! Cost about £900!! Thanks again.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom