Mercedes B service - what do they do & what should it cost?

Silverspa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200K (2002)
Hiya,

My car (W203 C200K) is due a B service next year and I wondered what they do/check in the service for it to cost so much money? Also does anyone know what is a reasonable indie price for a B service in London?

Am a bit new so just learning about the joys(!) of Merc ownership...! :) Thanks in advance!

Hertfordshire Merx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160
I charge £255 inclusive of genuine Mercedes Benz parts, labour and VAT. I use Castrol Edge fully synthetic oil.

Its a basic B service so its oil and filter, lights and levels, combination filter, all road wheels off and hubs cleaned and greased, adjust parking brake by the adjusters in the rear brakes and cables, wash out all the brakes and measure the disc thickness, tyre pressures and report on condition including the spare, general check over, transmission oil level check, star diagnosis quick test and report, make sure everything is in good working condition. A road test and a valet.

Report and await authorisation on additional items according to mileage, history and age of vehicle.

Thats what I do for £255 nclusive on your spec of car.

Hope this helps.

OP
S

Silverspa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200K (2002)
I charge £255 inclusive of genuine Mercedes Benz parts, labour and VAT. I use Castrol Edge fully synthetic oil.

Its a basic B service so its oil and filter, lights and levels, combination filter, all road wheels off and hubs cleaned and greased, adjust parking brake by the adjusters in the rear brakes and cables, wash out all the brakes and measure the disc thickness, tyre pressures and report on condition including the spare, general check over, transmission oil level check, star diagnosis quick test and report, make sure everything is in good working condition. A road test and a valet.

Report and await authorisation on additional items according to mileage, history and age of vehicle.

Hiya,

Thanks very much for that, it's always good to find a local indie! Do you stamp the book as Merc as well? It has been serviced by Merc from new so I don't wanna break the chain. I've got another few bits that might need doing to it, would be interested in a quote so I'll msg you!:)

Thanks also to S-A-M (Colin), you keep exceeding my expectations! :D

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
I will always do that silverspa!!

Thats why we have customers come from cornwall and other far away places like leeds!!!

We are cheaper than anyone ease as you see, by a long way! and we take our time and do it right the first time!

Thats how you, our customers need/want to have your MB serviced!

Simple as really!

Cole

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT

Hiya,

Thanks very much for that, it's always good to find a local indie! Do you stamp the book as Merc as well? It has been serviced by Merc from new so I don't wanna break the chain. I've got another few bits that might need doing to it, would be interested in a quote so I'll msg you!:)

Thanks also to S-A-M (Colin), you keep exceeding my expectations! :D

Hi Silvaspa,
You are very lucky being close enough to use the Expertise of Hertfordshire Merx,;) and MBS I am unfortunately not in the same position as you and have had the misfortune of having to pay top Dealer prices and then having to return the car time and time again for rectification of poor workmanship:(, I even contemplated taking my car all the way down to them to get a proper job done, I would,nt hesitate to use either of these companies for all my servicing needs after the poor and expensive dealership experiences I have had to endure:mad:.long live the independants
Good Luck
Alfie B

Last edited:
OP
S

Silverspa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200K (2002)
Hi Silvaspa,
You are very lucky being close enough to use the Expertise of Hertfordshire Merx,;) and MBS I am unfortunately not in the same position as you and have had the misfortune of having to pay top Dealer prices and then having to return the car time and time again for rectification of poor workmanship:(, I even contemplated taking my car all the way down to them to get a proper job done, I would,nt hesitate to use either of these companies for all my servicing needs after the poor and expensive dealership experiences I have had to endure:mad:.long live the independants
Good Luck
Alfie B

Cheers chaps, I must admit that MBS seem to come in cheapest by miles!

I know what you mean, ALFIEBEARD, I keep getting the same rubbish from my local MB garage (Them: "We can't find anything wrong with your car, madam" - Me:"Well why won't the flippin CEL go off then?!!")

Arrgh! What are we paying for?!!! :evil:

merc7

Reaction score
Wish i get that everytime i do that on a jet plane i will be driving slr mclaren -
rather a c class lol:p

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes

I know what you mean, ALFIEBEARD, I keep getting the same rubbish from my local MB garage (Them: "We can't find anything wrong with your car, madam" - Me:"Well why won't the flippin CEL go off then?!!")

Even with fuel, it still cheaper to have a day on the south coast and get it done right first time!!

Hertfordshire Merx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160

I stamp service records with our Hertfordshire Merx stamp, I only use genuine Mercedes-Benz parts and high quality fully synthetic oils. Coupled with that and being a fully qualified Internationally recognised Mercedes trained Diagnostic Technician following the correct service schedules.

I'll happily quote anyone for any work, all you need to do is give me a call.

I may not be the cheapest independent in my area, but I am the best and most qualified technician I know.;)

ALFIEBEARD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
JAGUAR XF-R SPORT

we are paying for nice white overalls and cups of watery coffee ohh and a bit of happy talk:rolleyes:.

Kind Regards
Alfie B

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Its the same with all of us indis, we are all looking for work! we have all been in the dealer network and all thought "what a rip off" been told to change things that didnt need changing! Dave and i are not looking to make millions, just give a fair service for a fair price, and the most important thing is, the customer!!!

Thats where MB went wrong, they forgot there loyal customers and left them to sort them selfs out!! thats were we come in!!

coventryslk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 CDI Sport

Hope this helps.

Done mine last night - used genuine parts cost me under £80 including oil (Fuchs Titan synthetic 5w/40) only need to check the gearbox on sat

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Will you pair of tarts, stop it !! .................... :lol:

I did say a couple of weeks ago that TV would have his work cut out beat off the young and er promising:confused: pretender, looks like I was wrong...never heard M call anyone a tart, well not in public that is...:shock::lol::lol::lol:

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Well, I do like our resident indies .... they post some great stuff, and don't get shot at very often .....which is unusual for forums, these days .................. but I've read the thread, and decided they are tarting around, and need a bollocking ........... A mod would almost call it touting for business, whilst seeing off the competiton .............. lol

And before anyone kicks off ....... they can for all I care ................ I'm just exerting my temporary delusion of granduer .............. 10 days left .............. lol

They are still a pair of TARTS !!!! ......... LOL

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
The best thing you can do thumper is go and have a day off somewhere, then things will be back to normal!!!!!

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Well, I do like our resident indies .... they post some great stuff, and don't get shot at very often .....which is unusual for forums, these days .................. but I've read the thread, and decided they are tarting around, and need a bollocking ........... A mod would almost call it touting for business, whilst seeing off the competiton .............. lol

And before anyone kicks off ....... they can for all I care ................ I'm just exerting my temporary delusion of granduer .............. 10 days left .............. lol

They are still a pair of TARTS !!!! ......... LOL

- so does that mean we can expect a lot more delusional delectation's ? Ah I have just read your other post on parking invoices, so I will keep my powder dry and watch from the side lines, just hope the bailiffs don't read the post and visit you instead:lol::lol:

Last edited:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom